Packaging Instructions for Your 'Back to the Future' Blu-rays - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-29-2010, 03:13 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Packaging Instructions for Your 'Back to the Future' Blu-rays

That's right. Packaging instructions. These cases are just plain bad. We've been sent packaging instructions for the 'Back to the Future' Blu-rays and uploaded them for your enjoyment download the PDF at the link below.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/wp...ctionGuide.pdf
Old 10-29-2010, 03:23 PM

bad thing is that even after knowing how to do it and watching bttf 1 without breaking the case, i tried to get bttf 2 in there last night and the bottom left thing broke, disc is still held in there though

i'm thinking of just downloading the digital copies and tossing those discs and using the other slots for the movies
Old 10-29-2010, 04:38 PM

lmfao, this takes the cake
Old 10-30-2010, 12:18 AM

I went ahead and moved the discs into a standard 3 Disc DVD case, did some quick photoshop work and scanned the cover, spine and back of the BD case, and voila! Sure it doesn't look as great on the bookcase, but thankfully it's alphabetically next to Band Of Brothers, which I have in a similar 6 Disc slim case.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:28 AM

OMG!

Gee, what on earth could possibly be worse than the use of a package design that necessitates multi-step instructions to remove and replace your discs? Why, NOT EVEN BOTHERING TO INCLUDE THOSE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE ACTUAL #$^%& BOX, of course!

Brilliance stacked upon genius. If the site's doing annual awards this year, I think we need to create a special category just for this beautiful Chinese puzzle.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:59 AM

Pretty sure these instructions could be better.
The procedure for removing Disc 2 underneath Disc 1 is the same as for Disc 1. Slide down toward plastic "springs" (the flexible lever-looking things) until clear of upper tabs (clips as you call them), then lift. You could end up helping someone break something by just telling them to "lift" Disc 2 without sliding it first, but whatever...

And inserting is just removing in reverse...

Last edited by Whirlygig; 10-30-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
OMG!

Gee, what on earth could possibly be worse than the use of a package design that necessitates multi-step instructions to remove and replace your discs? Why, NOT EVEN BOTHERING TO INCLUDE THOSE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE ACTUAL #$^%& BOX, of course!

Brilliance stacked upon genius. If the site's doing annual awards this year, I think we need to create a special category just for this beautiful Chinese puzzle.
They were in my box.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:17 PM

This is a good PR move by Universal. I like that play.

Doesn't make up for killing off the Back to the Future ride in Disney World though, NOT COOL.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
OMG!

Well gee, you just have to look at the bright side - it's pretty much impossible for the discs to come loose during shipping and get scratched.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:34 AM

Two page instruction manual on how to remove discs? Wow, that's a new level of fail. The package should have been shaped like the flux capacitor and feature slide out clear trays or something. Too bad Universal can't borrow a DeLorean and go back to fix this problem.

BTW, are there any BTS or docs about the DeLorean in the set?