what's with the "rental exclusive" versions of BD at BB and rogers video ? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-28-2010, 05:05 PM

Default what's with the "rental exclusive" versions of BD at BB and rogers video ?

Why is it that in canada anyway, we can only rent a stripped down version of predators ? i was debating if i wanted to buy this movie for my collection and come to find out on the rental version it doesn't include the bonus features. SO i can't find out if it's worth the money to get it or not...

why would they do this for ? to me that even means you are not getting a full rental for those that like to check out the features.

explanation anyone ?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:20 PM

netflix has them too, it's to make you buy them to get the full versions, probably costs less for them to encode the discs too or something

i rarely watch the special features so it usually doesn't bother me, i can see how some would be pissed off though
Old 10-28-2010, 06:17 PM

i'm not usually one for the extras either... but for instance, if you happen to rent it and say for some unexplained reason you want to buy it (the rental copy i mean) they would charge you the same price as the full featured one that also includes a dvd/digital copy. so if it did actually cost them less to make this version then the least they could do when it comes to selling it is charge a lesser amount.

i guess they figure that the percentage of people that would buy a retail version don't care about knowing if the extras are worth while, when in fact some titles that are double dipping sell more for the added extras than the actual movie itself.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:19 PM

that's just the way bd rolls now.