'Troll 2: The 20th Anniversary Nilbog Edition' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-28-2010, 02:09 PM

Default 'Troll 2: The 20th Anniversary Nilbog Edition' - High-Def Digest Review

We've just reviewed 'Troll 2: The 20th Anniversary Nilbog Edition.' Am I the only one who was terrified by this movie as a kid?! Anyway, E says this is good for some Halloween laughs. It really is a terrible flick. This Blu-ray features shockingly good video, surprisingly strong audio, but no extras (aside from a DVD). Fans should be happy with a purchase, others will want to give it a rent.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3874/troll2.html
Old 10-28-2010, 02:27 PM

Very few people in my group of family and friends watch the films I enjoy -- in fact, they often are unfamiliar with the titles, directors, writers and actors I praise.

I know a half-dozen folk who have watched this movie or even possess it, in some shape or form (long story).

This is one of the times the tables are turned. I only learned of Troll 2 in the last five or six years, seeing fragments only on Youtube. Does that say more about me or them?

Just kidding; I have quite the decent collection of schlock but this has always escaped my grasp. I want to see Troll 2 -- call me a masochist -- and may blind buy the disc when it hits the $5 range. I do wish Best Worst Movie had been included, if only for the completeness. Truth be told, unless this becomes an Ankle Biters (a Z-grade movie I watch as much as a real one), I cannot see myself double-dipping despite the quality of the documentary.

With that all said, can someone talk me off the ledge? Is it fathomable to have this rest on a shelf next to The Treasure of the Sierra Madre?
Old 10-28-2010, 02:50 PM

I'm right there on the ledge with you, and I HAVE seen it. My fiance and her sister apparently LOVED this movie when they were little, and she remembered it being legitimately scary. We rented it, well I guess it didn't stand the test of time for her to say the least. I'm personally torn on it, the over-the-top schlockiness is wonderful, but the dialogue (particularly the sister) make it very difficult to sit through, let alone a second time. But then you guys come back with a largely positive review lauding it's excellent video quality? Now I am truly tempted. It really would have been a nice touch to include the documentary (or at the very least also include Troll like the dvd.)
Old 10-28-2010, 02:55 PM

Actually, even if they're not packaged together, I suspect once Best Worst Movie makes it to disc there will be bundle deals offered for a comparable price.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:56 PM

Now we just need a Blu-ray release for Pinata: Survival Island.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:59 PM

And Creating Rem Lezar. I would murder a member of my family for a blu ray of Creating Rem Lezar.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancersticks1 View Post
And Creating Rem Lezar. I would murder a member of my family for a blu ray of Creating Rem Lezar.
Which of course Rem Lezar would frown upon.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:34 AM

I really can't see paying money for this movie. It's like watching a trainwreck - it is legitimately interesting in its horribleness. Everyone involved in its production deserves to be working in the janitorial industry. But there are so many better ways to spend money and have a good time.