'The American' is coming December 28 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-26-2010, 12:38 PM

Default 'The American' is coming December 28

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3956/american.html
Old 10-26-2010, 12:59 PM

Awesome!

This is going in my top five of the year. Possibly top 3.

Day motherfucking one!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:10 PM

I wanted to see this, but just didn't make it out to the theater as much as usual this past year. We'll see if I get any gift cards for Christmas, and if so, may have to blind buy it.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:17 PM

Will blind buy on Day One....I enjoyed Jim Jarmusch's 'Limits of Control', which I understand has a similar vibe to 'The American' in terms of pacing. The cinematography featuring various european locales should translate well on hidef
Old 10-26-2010, 03:22 PM

The cinematography in this movie was amazing. If the pq is up to par, this has the potential to be a reference disc. As for the movie, I enjoyed it. It was a slow-burn throwback to older European films. Leave it to Clooney to make going down on a prostitute look classy! Too bad the studios had to pull the bait & switch and trick people into thinking it was a fast-paced suspense thriller.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:26 PM

I bet Jake Gyllenhaal could make going down on a prostitute look classy.

That said, I was very interested in seeing this so I will netflix this one. Can't blind buy given the polarizing opinions on this one

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 10-26-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
I bet Jake Gyllenhaal could make going down on a prostitute look classy.

That said, I was very interested in seeing this so I will netflix this one. Can't blind buy given the polarizing opinions on this one
Yeah not with that hairdo he was rocking in Prince of Persia, he couldn't. Netflix is a good bet. In terms of the storyline, it's the typical Lonely Hitman plot. IMO, it's definitely a case of style over substance.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:56 PM

Freakin' loved it. Can't wait to buy it. It's soo not everyone's cup of tea though. 4 college kids sitting in front of me didn't seem to like it. One of them was squirming in his seat, and couldn't wait for it to be over. Not sure why they stayed. If I hated something, I'd walk out and slip into something else. This will be gorgeous on Blu-ray.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:01 PM

p.s. I wish it had more features though. I love those B-r's that are loaded.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientcafe View Post
Will blind buy on Day One....I enjoyed Jim Jarmusch's 'Limits of Control', which I understand has a similar vibe to 'The American' in terms of pacing. The cinematography featuring various european locales should translate well on hidef
I just went over to B-r.com and noticed you posted this there too. That's cool, as I thought most people chose one site or the other. I much prefer hddigest's layout and forums. I think the other site gets more traffic.

The consensus on "The American" seems to be better here too. Not many fans over there! To each their own.