'Network' and 'All the President's Men' are coming 2/15/11 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Banned

Default 'Network' and 'All the President's Men' are coming 2/15/11

The latter will be a digibook.

Quote:
NETWORK

Newscaster Howard Beale has a message for those who package reports of cute puppies, movie premieres and fender benders as hard news: 的知 as mad as hell, and I知 not going to take this anymore. Sidney Lumet directs Paddy Chayefsky痴 satire about the things people do for loveand ratings. Faye Dunaway plays a TV exec guarding ratings like a tigress protecting her cubs; Peter Finch痴 airwave rants become a phenomenon and William Holden, Robert Duvall and Beatrice Straight add to the fierce vitality.

Special Features:
キ The Making of Network 6-Part Documentary: Tune in to How a Movie Landmark Caught Media Lightning, with Sidebars on Paddy Chayefsky, Getting Mad As Hell and Walter Cronkite痴 Reflections
キ Vintage Paddy Chayefsky Interview Excerpt from Dinah!, Hosted by Dinah Shore
キ Commentary by Director Sidney Lumet
キ Private Screenings with Sidney Lumet: Turner Classic Movies Host Robert Osborne Interviews the Director

ALL THE PRESIDENT担 MEN

In the Watergate Building, lights go on and four burglars are caught in the act. That night triggered revelations that will drive a U.S. President from office. Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward (Robert Redford) and Carl Bernstein (Dustin Hoffman) grabbed the story and stayed with it through doubts, denials and discouragement. Directed by Alan J. Pakula and based on the Woodward/Bernstein book, the film explores a working newspaper, where the mission is to get the story and get it right.

Special Features:

キ Telling the Truth About Lies: The Making of All the President痴 Men
キ Woodward and Bernstein: Lighting the Fire
キ Out of the Shadows: The Man Who Was Deep Throat
キ Commentary by Robert Redford
キ Vintage Featurette Pressure and the Press: The Making of All the President痴 Men
キ Vintage Jason Robards Interview Excerpt from Dinah!
キ Alan J. Pakula Thrillers Trailer Gallery
Old 10-25-2010, 02:31 PM

fantastic news. i've always wanted to see All the President's Men but for some reason never got around to doing so. love Network though, both should be DB.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
both should be DB.
Couldn't agree more, but the good news is Network has an SRP of $19.98
Old 10-25-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorthodt View Post
Couldn't agree more, but the good news is Network has an SRP of $19.98
yeah, that was pretty much the same for Heat, The Maltese Falcon, and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

at least Warner gives us one or the other.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:46 PM

Oh WB! These should be day ones--but because of the DNR risk, I'm going to hold off to gauge its general reception first. It's so tragic that '70s movies are so likely to get smeared. Why don't they just leave them alone?
I'M (just about) MAD AS HELL!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Id View Post
Oh WB! These should be day ones--but because of the DNR risk, I'm going to hold off to gauge its general reception first. It's so tragic that '70s movies are so likely to get smeared. Why don't they just leave them alone?
I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this DNR anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note, about a week ago I was wondering when Network was gonna get a blu-ray release. Awesome news. I'd also like a digi-book version for both of these films.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:31 AM

Ok, unless I'm dreaming, I already have All the President's Men on Blu. It is in a Digibook.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Id View Post
Two recent 70's area BDs are WB restorations, The Exorcist and The Rocky Horror Picture Show even though the last is a Fox title.

WB is hardly the only studio guilty of putting old DVD masters with DNR probably baked in. Like when other studios use DVD masters the results can be mixed from title to title.

But when it comes to restorations, I consider WB to be the best at it. Too bad all it's catalog title are not restorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr View Post
Ok, unless I'm dreaming, I already have All the President's Men on Blu. It is in a Digibook.
Funny I cannot find it listed anywhere as currently available.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr View Post
Yeah, you're dreaming.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:56 PM

I love Aaron Sorkin's screenplays but Paddy Chayefsky's script for "Network" will probably never be touched in terms of great dialogue (monologues, rants, satire and all). Been wanting this on BD for quite some time.

And I love that "All the President's Men" is finally coming to BD. Now I can have that procedural film marathon I've always wanted to have: Zodiac, JFK, Good Night & Good Luck, and All the Presidents Men!