Netflix Testing Streaming Only Plans Other Subscription Fees May Rise - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Netflix Testing Streaming Only Plans Other Subscription Fees May Rise

There's a bit of discrepancy in pricing strategies, but it looks like you might end up paying more for Blu-ray.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/23/n...s-in-us-right/

I didn't have any of the new pricing when I went into my account. If anyone else is seeing it, let us know!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:54 PM

Man oh man, Netflix sucks a little bit more every day. Between the 28 day delay and the ever increasing prices, I'm done with these guys.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:19 PM

If they'd start getting newer movies/shows up for streaming then I wouldn't mind a slight increase. But it looks like they're basically just turning into a cable company.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:14 PM

AND after paying extra for BluRays, they still don't have any of the newest catalog titles (such as Back To The Future, Psycho etc). They are really going downhill and then want us to pay more??
Old 10-26-2010, 12:18 PM

Starting to get sick of these guys. They really need stronger competition. I wish hulu or blockbuster sorts would really step it up
Old 10-26-2010, 12:29 PM

The subscription model is still the best deal for renting DVDs or Blu-rays. I don't like increased prices, but when you put it into perspective it's still a great deal. However, it's very frustrating that they aren't stocking newly released catalog titles on BD, particularly considering the additional fee charged fro Blu-ray access.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:48 PM

Ahhh Streamflix. The streaming is an outstanding value, no doubt. The rest of their service blows for people who've been with them a long time (10 years for me) as their service has changed dramatically. I don't mind change. It's inevitable. Give me the streaming, fine (or make me pay for it). But they're screwing high def fans. They're screwing people who only care about new releases. I'm both of those things, so I'm not happy with the service. I'll continue to keep the cheapest plan for when I want to stream something (not often), and I'll continue to belong to Blockbuster, whom I hate.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:44 PM

I reduced my plan down to 1 disk at a time and added blockbuster online earlier this month due to them not getting most of the catalog blu-rays, but when my billing date comes around next month I will be dropping them all together. It is just one dollar more for 1 disk at a time, but that one dollar more does not come with any promise to stock more of the blurays that they havent been buying. Blockbuster's selection is basically the same for blu-rays and of course much better for all new catalog releases, and their service has been pretty good so far. They don't ship on Saturdays and movies take a day or so longer to be sent or recieved but not always. They have the store return option which helps average out that time difference though. Netflix has been amazing to me for a few years now but this last month or so with the shift of their company to Streaming as their main focus has alienated me as a high def fan. If you mend your ways I will be back, but I don't see that coming anytime soon.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:57 PM

if they increase the blu-ray fee again I'm never reupping
Old 10-26-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
if they increase the blu-ray fee again I'm never reupping
Yeah I can't wait to pay more for either a month delay for new releases or to get to stare at "really long wait" for weeks. And don't get me started on holiday stuff, halloween and christmas movies become like some rare gem that just can't be obtained in october or december.