Blu-ray Shopping Survey - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: How do your monthly 2010 Blu-ray shopping habits compare to those in 2009?
I'm buying more Blu-rays each month. 21 26.92%
I'm buying less Blu-rays each month. 28 35.90%
I'm buying about the same number of Blu-rays each month. 29 37.18%
I no longer buy Blu-rays. 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2010, 08:36 PM

Default Blu-ray Shopping Survey

Hey Everybody.

High-Def Digest is looking for feedback on your Blu-ray buying habits in preparation for the holiday shopping season.

We're interested to know if your shopping habits have changed in the last year, and if so, why?

Please take our poll, then add your thoughts in the thread.

Also, we'd love to know where you make the majority of your Blu-ray purchases and why.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:51 PM

Hey guys, still looking for some more poll information and responses re: where you're buying your stuff these days.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:57 PM

Amazon is the best place to shop with the best prices.

Best Buy sucks, especially their prices, but if I need a quick fix, at least they're available.

B&N is only good for their Criterion sales.

and since Wal-Mart is banning Jon Stewart's book from their bookshelf, then I ban them!!
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 10-22-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
Amazon is the best place to shop with the best prices.

Best Buy sucks, especially their prices, but if I need a quick fix, at least they're available.

B&N is only good for their Criterion sales.

and since Wal-Mart is banning Jon Stewart's book from their bookshelf, then I ban them!!
I'll sometimes make my way down to Target to get the movies without all the fluff when they have Target Exclusives. And Fry's Electronics usually has some good sales. But I totally agree - I HONESTLY do not know how Best Buy is staying in business selling Blu-Rays. I have actually seen them sell a few things ABOVE the MSRP.

Amazon was a bit of an annoyance at first, having to buy $25 of stuff to get free shipping, then having to wait a week or more to recieve your items. However, I upgraded to Prime a few months ago, and OMG, I order EVERYTHING through Amazon now! Its great when a movie goes on sell for like $10 or so, I just go to Amazon, can order that one thing, not pay shipping or tax, and have it in two days! In the past year, I have probably doubled both my Blu-Ray and HD-DVD collection, and I have had BOTH since 2006!
Old 10-22-2010, 03:12 PM

I'm buying less, mostly because I've got a library of around ~250 blu-rays so I've caught up on pretty much all catalog titles.

That and I've become a bit more picky with the titles I choose to buy.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:23 PM

I'm buying less....only because I have been saving up for a 3D set. I buy, on average, about 4-5 a month (use to be much higher). I get most of my blus from either Wal-mart or Best Buy (just because they are nearby) and on rare occasion...Target.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:27 PM

I was buying less, from about May-Sep. because there was not much coming out that I wanted.

Now that we're in the 4th quarter release frenzy, theres a bunch of titles I want, so I'll end up buying about the same in 10' as I bought in 09'.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
Amazon was a bit of an annoyance at first, having to buy $25 of stuff to get free shipping, then having to wait a week or more to recieve your items. However, I upgraded to Prime a few months ago, and OMG, I order EVERYTHING through Amazon now! Its great when a movie goes on sell for like $10 or so, I just go to Amazon, can order that one thing, not pay shipping or tax, and have it in two days! In the past year, I have probably doubled both my Blu-Ray and HD-DVD collection, and I have had BOTH since 2006!
Yup, Prime is the best, especially if you're a heavy shopper. I love Amazon prices. I also love that when you pre-order and if the price drops, they pay you back the difference.

I completely forgot about Fry's, but they may be because I haven't shopped there since '09. And once in a while, I'll hit up Target for a better price than BB.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 10-22-2010, 03:36 PM

Last year I bought like 50 blu-rays from hotmoviesale.com for an average of like $5 each, plus a whole bunch during holiday sales. Other than that I'm buying about the same as last year, but there's no way I'll top that hotmoviesale scam, so I voted less per month.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:43 PM

i get 99% of mine from amazon but i'm buying a lot less, maybe 1 or 2 a month now, basically slowed to a crawl