'Withnail and I' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-20-2010, 04:47 PM

Default 'Withnail and I' - High-Def Digest Review

Watch for our review of 'Withnail and I.' It's coming soon. I can't tell you the day or the time, but it's on the way. OK, I'll tell you, it will post tomorrow morning. I have to head out early for a very special appointment, but I wanna be sure you all have a fresh new review waiting for you when you check in on HDD.

Nate has reviewed 'Withnail and I.' He loved the movie, but says this Blu-ray is.... well, you'll have to wait and see.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3377/withnailandi.html
Old 10-21-2010, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the review -- I had only been following this one casually so the fact it's an Image release eluded me. Saves me from wasting my time and money since I made that mistake already last year with Time Bandits. The cropping debate on The Long Good Friday and now this . . . how much worse can they get?
Old 10-23-2010, 12:55 PM

Ouch. I've been meaning to pick up the UK release of this for awhile, likewise with The Long Good Friday (both are very cheap in the UK). Does anyone know if the UK discs have the same problems?
Old 10-23-2010, 01:00 PM

Ah, DVD Beaver did a comparison - apparently the UK has a different transfer and audio and is a bit better. It also has an hour of special features (PAL) and is region free.

You can get the UK disc for 6.99 on amazon.co.uk so no reason at all to pick up the US disc.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Former Member

answered your own question there!

honestly, i do not know why this wave of titles were so....bad....but some great films, some awful discs. USA getting the shaft on Withnail & I extras is nothing new.