Apocalypse Now Errors - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-19-2010, 10:25 PM

Default Apocalypse Now Errors

I made a post earlier with regards to the Canadian version of the blu-rays being screwed up (no booklets, and discs labeled wrong). But this is with regards to the US version.

On DVDBeaver's site, they are refusing to do a review until they get answers to the following questions :

" I'm going to stop my review now as I have far too many unanswered questions;

1) No title or credits for either version?

2) Why is the Redux about 6-minutes short?

3) I've heard Canadian Editions have mislabeled discs (one with Special Features has the films and vice-versa) and are missing the booklet(s) - see below.

I'll need to research this more and return to this once I can find some answers."

Can anyone confirm the US release of the redux is 6 minutes shorter, or that there are no title or credits on either version of the film? Or that this is infact false and everything is fine.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 PM

I have the U.S. version, so I'll need a little bit more info.

DVD Beaver is based in Canada, so that's why that dude is waiting to review it.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:04 AM

From DVD Beaver:

" Okay there are no credits for either version because, as Peter tells us "70mm release prints had no head or tail credits. Only a Zoetrope copyright at the end. Programs were handed out..." - thanks Peter! - and this is probably the explanation for why is the Redux is about 6-minutes shorter than the DVD Redux? (must be the lack of credits).

With those queries solved we'll go back to finishing the comparison on Wednesday."
Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 AM

I know Maple here in Canada and confirmed the following with them.

Sony DADC replication made the error that resulted in missing booklets for many Canadian releases, and the discs Special Features and Movie, are mislabeled.

I have called them and they are sending me the booklet in the post and also two correctly printed discs, without the need to return the old discs. I then sold my old discs to a buddy at work and the whole set has now cost me a lot less, and probably someone their job.

This is a major release error, and was probably known long before it hit shelves... I guess they are hoping a lot of people wont mind. Call them and get your stuff.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:58 AM

I was getting all worried when I read the title. I just ordered this from Amazon yesterday. Should be to me on Friday.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:24 PM

Coppola's original vision for the movie was that it should have no credits at all. The first-run 70mm release prints ran that way. A booklet was distributed to theaters with the credit list. Only the 35mm prints had a credits roll at the end.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.