Default 'How to Train Your Dragon' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'How to Train Your Dragon' has just been posted. Aaron
says this just may be the best movie we've seen yet from Dreamworks
Animation. With 5 star video and audio, not to mention plenty of
extras, this blu-ray is a must own!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3346...ourdragon.html
Old 10-18-2010, 08:14 PM

Great movie! Outstanding Blu Ray. Dreamworks animation keeps impressing me. This and Kung Fu Panda are awesome. Can do with out Shrek 3 though.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:21 PM

Nice to see a such a good review considering I blind bought this. Should be here tomorrow, but considering Aaron likes it I should as well since we seem to have similar tastes.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
Nice to see a such a good review considering I blind bought this. Should be here tomorrow, but considering Aaron likes it I should as well since we seem to have similar tastes.
shaddup

it's awesome and you will like it because I said so biatch

Spoiler
borderslands in a bit? hehe hehe hehe
Old 10-18-2010, 08:35 PM

I looked through the special features list, but wondered if the disc came with the shorts that were shown during the NBC broadcast of the Winter Olympics... or were those part of the actual film? (I havent seen it yet, but looking forward to it)
Old 10-18-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitLost View Post
I looked through the special features list, but wondered if the disc came with the shorts that were shown during the NBC broadcast of the Winter Olympics... or were those part of the actual film? (I havent seen it yet, but looking forward to it)
So far the only short I noticed on the Blu was the one being advertised on the commercials. But just that one. And I am pretty sure if you buy the wal mart version, it doesn't have the short on it. But I could be wrong on both counts.

Spoiler
And Maria, keep the Borderlands talk in the game section. We try to keep them segregated.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:59 PM

I blind bought this one and I have no regrets. Great movie!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Former Member

won't buy or rent this. waiting for the 3d edition. if i know they're coming, i'm holding off. so shrek collection, 44 bucks or no, not buying you!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:36 PM

Easy decision regarding the purchase. Besides, this was the movie the lady-friend and I went on our first date.

I agree completely with the review regarding how this film still does not meet the Pixar level of quality in storytelling, but it by no means does a poor job telling some age old tale in a refreshing way.

I also agree that the faces of the characters still need more work, but this is hands down the best Dreamworks effort to date.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:48 PM

Great review Aaron! Saw it in IMAX 3D during the theatrical run and was amazed at how good it looked. I'm currently trying to get Samsung to hook me up with a 3D copy, hopefully they show me some love because this is a MUCH better movie than Monsters vs. Aliens!