'Alien 2 on Earth' coming this fall - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-15-2010, 11:50 AM

Default 'Alien 2 on Earth' coming this fall

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4204...2_onearth.html
Old 10-16-2010, 08:17 PM

Surprising to see that this company is apparently making 30,000 of these s.
I have not seen this film but the trailer is VERY gruesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecFBzIJxpLk
Old 10-18-2010, 02:40 PM

Shameless cash grab. Review I read said it's total crap, and NOT in the "so bad it's good" sort of way.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:03 PM

Did Sam Cromwell direct this thing or what?
Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlygig View Post
Shameless cash grab. Review I read said it's total crap, and NOT in the "so bad it's good" sort of way.
Are you saying the movie is crap, or the quality of the Blu-Ray? It sounds like the company really is trying to put out a good quality Blu-Ray and I was hoping they might actually make the bigger companies take notice and see how the stuff should be done. It would suck if they too are just going to make promises that they won't keep.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:58 PM

I'll buy this just for the red case.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker View Post
Are you saying the movie is crap, or the quality of the Blu-Ray? It sounds like the company really is trying to put out a good quality Blu-Ray and I was hoping they might actually make the bigger companies take notice and see how the stuff should be done. It would suck if they too are just going to make promises that they won't keep.
Was talking about the quality of the film itself, sorry for leaving it ambiguous. Haven't seen any reviews of the Blu yet. I just have a general distaste for when someone tries to make a buck off the uninformed consumer in coincidence with some other, barely tangentially related event. Like when the "Short Circuit" Blu-ray, with a big Wall-E-resembling Johnny 5 on the cover, just happened to show up in stores at the same time as "Wall-E" came to theaters.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlygig View Post
Was talking about the quality of the film itself, sorry for leaving it ambiguous. Haven't seen any reviews of the Blu yet. I just have a general distaste for when someone tries to make a buck off the uninformed consumer in coincidence with some other, barely tangentially related event. Like when the "Short Circuit" Blu-ray, with a big Wall-E-resembling Johnny 5 on the cover, just happened to show up in stores at the same time as "Wall-E" came to theaters.
It's funny you say that since it's Wall-E who looks like Johnny 5, not the other way around. Also, I don't see a problem with Short Circuit being released the same day as Wall-E. The company knows that they will make the most money this way, by reminding people who liked Wall-E that his design was pretty much ripped off from Johnny 5. Its like stocks. Buy low, sell high. Its timing. Well if one company has to sell something at the same time to ride the wave of what's popular right now than why not? Its a catalog title after all, not a brand new movie. And seriously, if anyone bought Short Circuit on Blu-Ray because they didn't READ the packaging and were also dumb enough to think Wall-E would be on BD the same day it hit theaters then I think they deserved it.

As for Alien 2 on Earth (lets get back on topic here) I have never seen nor heard of this film. I read the press release and I really like this company's "mission statement" if you want to call it that. Id be willing to buy this disc just to give it a shot and see what its all about and support a company that actually seems to have respect for the films they are releasing, even if they are cheap low budget knock offs.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcpunk View Post
It's funny you say that since it's Wall-E who looks like Johnny 5, not the other way around.
Uh...they both look like each other. But my argument would obviously be that they manipulated the cover of Short Circuit to highlight the resemblance (compare it to this poster: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2055575040/tt0910970). But yeah, I guess it's pretty hilarious that I said that, because you obviously are more aware of the order in which these characters were conceived than I am (and also I am stupid HAHAHA).

Quote:
Also, I don't see a problem with Short Circuit being released the same day as Wall-E. The company knows that they will make the most money this way, by reminding people who liked Wall-E that his design was pretty much ripped off from Johnny 5. Its like stocks. Buy low, sell high. Its timing. Well if one company has to sell something at the same time to ride the wave of what's popular right now than why not? Its a catalog title after all, not a brand new movie. And seriously, if anyone bought Short Circuit on Blu-Ray because they didn't READ the packaging and were also dumb enough to think Wall-E would be on BD the same day it hit theaters then I think they deserved it.
Yeah, I understand the concept. Cash grab. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Also I would argue they definitely had in mind the little kids who would immediately see the resemblance and shriek to their parents in the middle of the store that they just had to have "WALL-E!" until the parents gave in just to shut them up. Feel free to start a debate about parental responsibility and how they could easily just tell their child "no" if they didn't really want to buy it, but don't expect me to participate in that discussion.

Quote:
As for Alien 2 on Earth (lets get back on topic here) I have never seen nor heard of this film. I read the press release and I really like this company's "mission statement" if you want to call it that. Id be willing to buy this disc just to give it a shot and see what its all about and support a company that actually seems to have respect for the films they are releasing, even if they are cheap low budget knock offs.
Go right ahead. For me, it's a shameless cash grab. At least I liked Short Circuit (still haven't bought it yet). In this case I have no interest in "Alien 2" and hopefully nobody will be duped, but people are often dumber than you want to give them credit for. You know, like me.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigolopolis View Post
Did Sam Cromwell direct this thing or what?
LOL. I thought the exact same thing! The whole trailer I was saying to myself, "So I guess this movie is called Alien 2 and it's directed by Sam Cromwell." Such a hilarious trailer.

He probably made this out of spite because Fox turned him down for James Cameron. I can see it already; "Sorry, Sam. We're going to have to go with James on this one." "Who? That guy that made that robot movie with the huge guy who can hardly speak English?" "Yes, we're very sorry." "Oh, you'll be sorry alright! You'll be sorry that you messed with Sam f*#king Cromwell!"