'Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-14-2010, 05:49 PM

Default 'Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior' - High-Def Digest Review

Tom Landy has turned in yet another witty review for 'Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior.' He says the action in this movie is Jaa-dropping. This Blu-ray is a mess though. Video is terrible. Audio is only marginally better. Extras are minimal. This is for fans only, and even then, make sure you find a discount bin price.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2999/ongbak.html
Old 10-14-2010, 07:15 PM

Part 2 was horrilbe compared too this. I hope 3 is great.

I loved this until I seen IP man
Old 10-14-2010, 07:37 PM

I picked this up because I never got around to buying the DVD, so I don't regret it, but yeah, can't help but agree that this is one ugly Blu-ray. My memories of the theatrical release are a little dim, but while I remember it looking not that great I don't think it was this fuzzy. Ah well, the movie's still a lot of fun to watch.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiable-Akuma View Post
Some reviews are acting like the Dragon Dynasty release is awful picture quality wise - does anyone have experience seeing this title on BD? How does it compare to the better DVD versions that exist? Is there another version besides the Dragon Dynasty one out there and is that one really that bad?

If it is bad - when will we likely see a good version and from who?
There is no dragon dynasty release of Ong Bak. It's released by Fox in US and by Fox-Pathé in France.

French release vs. US release: http://comparescreenshots.slicx.com/comparison/68668/. Not sure if the link is working atm/anymore but the French release looks like 1 000 000 x better.