Dragon Ball Z: Kai: Part Two' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-13-2010, 10:24 AM

Default Dragon Ball Z: Kai: Part Two' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Dragon Ball Z: Kai: Part Two' has just been posted. Nate says this isn't quite as strong as part one, but it's still a must for fans. This Blu-ray features strong video and audio. Worth a look.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4084...kai_part2.html
Old 10-13-2010, 11:23 AM

uhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhh Someone did not pay attention to what was happening. Bulma is the reason there is a Capsule House on Namek. After all, she has the Capsules that make one, duh.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
uhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhh Someone did not pay attention to what was happening. Bulma is the reason there is a Capsule House on Namek. After all, she has the Capsules that make one, duh.
Yeah, the thing with the capsules was really explained in the original Dragonball, when Goku was a kid. Volume 2 of Kai does show that Bulma's dad works for Capsule Corp, so this explains why Bulma always has a huge collection of Capsules laying around.

What the Kai series really misses out on is character development. Having seen all the original series, I know who these people are, and really appreciate the condensed episodes, but some of these characters in Kai seem to die before you ever really figure out who they are.

I am eating up this series, though, and cannot wait for volume 3
Old 10-13-2010, 02:08 PM

I love DBZ but I gotta agree with you about this segment Nate, it's the most boring part of the show.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
I love DBZ but I gotta agree with you about this segment Nate, it's the most boring part of the show.
u r loozr.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGirl2112 View Post
u r loozr.
Is your avatar Unicol? I haven't seen that in 25 years!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
Is your avatar Unicol? I haven't seen that in 25 years!
hell yeah!!!! Unico FTW!!!!

I haven't seen it in about that long either lol
Old 10-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Former Member

Quote:
uhhhhhhh ohhhhhhh. there is no scene showing that in Kai. we see Krillin and Gohan leave her in a cave, and when we come back, there's a capsule house. we don't see her with a magic capsule bean, or even mention it. one minute it's nothing, next minute BLAM. we do see that her dad works for Capsule, but beyond a RETROFITTED spaceship that now adorns the Capsule name, we don't see enough of it. unexplained fragment caused by series condensation.

that's one of the problems with Kai. some stuff does get shed, leaving some slight artifacts, things that just don't fit, or give us the necessary emotional attachment for them to work.

gravis, 100% agreed. volume 2, you only get a few Frieza minion deaths, but in vol 1, there were deaths left and right that were like "oh hey new guy.....oops, dead new guy."
Old 10-13-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
Yeah, the thing with the capsules was really explained in the original Dragonball, when Goku was a kid. Volume 2 of Kai does show that Bulma's dad works for Capsule Corp, so this explains why Bulma always has a huge collection of Capsules laying around.

What the Kai series really misses out on is character development. Having seen all the original series, I know who these people are, and really appreciate the condensed episodes, but some of these characters in Kai seem to die before you ever really figure out who they are.

I am eating up this series, though, and cannot wait for volume 3
The Kai series does not miss on any character development as all of the development the characters had outside of Kai were filler and therefore not official anyway. Kai only covers the Manga material, which is the true DBZ.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
The Kai series does not miss on any character development as all of the development the characters had outside of Kai were filler and therefore not official anyway. Kai only covers the Manga material, which is the true DBZ.