Jungle Book and Lost on Blu-Ray? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-02-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Jungle Book and Lost on Blu-Ray?

I did a quick search, but I didn't see this posted so if it's old please lock.

Jungle Book and Lost on Blu-ray?

Posted June 28, 2007 by Josh

Walt Disney Pictures In an article discussing how grocery stores are driving down profits for DVD sales, Philippe Roucoule from Buena Vista Home Entertainment mentioned part of their release slate for the rest of the year. These titles include a 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Box Set, 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End', 'Jungle Book' (1967), 'Santa Claus 3', 'Lost', 'Desperate Housewives', and 'High School Musical'.

Additionally, they will be releasing some Miramax and Bruckheimer films, though none were mentioned by name, as well as other unannounced Disney titles. While the article takes great care to ensure these titles will be released on Blu-ray (in addition to DVD), we'll have to take this with a grain of salt until the studio announces these titles officially. We suggest you do the same.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:11 PM

that would be nice hehe.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:17 PM

I think SLEEPING BEAUTY will be the first Classic Disney BD title in 2008. So I would not count on JUNGLE BOOK this year on BD.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:27 PM

I dunno, I googled Jungle Book and a Platinum Edition is scheduled for October 2, 2007. Seems like the perfect time to release the Blu-Ray version too since that's what they're doing with Sleeping Beauty.

Edit: The original story is from blu-ray.com, I don't have the post count for links yet.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:37 AM

I think we'd know by now if Jungle Book was going to be on BD too. The creation time for a Platinum edition is at least 18 months so it's unlikely that Jungle Book will see BD during this cycle. However, it is rumoured that next year will see the previous Platinum edition cycle beginning to come around again with Snow White, so that might be a better bet, as well as the aforementioned Sleeping Beauty (which I think is being upgraded to Platinum from its regular 2-disc SE).

Unfortunately, tvshowsondvd reported that a representative from Buena Vista stated explicitly that Lost will not be on BD before the end of the year. Not S3 at least, although I think the earlier seasons were left open.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:19 AM

No word on The Lion King, either? Man, that's one I'm looking forward to. It's been eons since its last release, so there should be one coming soon.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadja View Post
Unfortunately, tvshowsondvd reported that a representative from Buena Vista stated explicitly that Lost will not be on BD before the end of the year. Not S3 at least, although I think the earlier seasons were left open.
Well the same representative also stated that they had no plans to release Bad Santa but it's back on the release schedule.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

I probably would never buy Jungle Book, I didn't really like that movie, actually i kind of think it's boring, and I dislike Disney animated titles. I would pick up Lost and Desperate Housewives if those came out on Blu-ray, assuming they are the third seasons.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:15 AM

well i hope that doesnt push back the platinum release of 101 dalmations which was is finally suppose to see a release on platinum colection standard dvd in march 2008.

disney usually likes there titles release in unison, back when it was vhs and dvd whenever there was dvd release it was also rereleased on vhs the same time. so i dont see them releasing sleeping beauty on blu ray but not on dvd at the same time especially since sleeping beauty was bumped up to being a platinum not long ago.

as long as it being released on bluray doesnt affect the standard dvd release of 101 dalmations, i wont be upset.