Night of the Living Dead (1968): Forgotten Films - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-11-2010, 03:29 PM

Default Night of the Living Dead (1968): Forgotten Films

this is the public domain blu-ray which was released by an outfit going by the name Forgotten Films.
I purchased it from this link on amazon for the current price of $16.95, and it is worth every penny.
This blu-ray is full 1080p/24 and looks fantastic imo.
this is the only region A NA release of this film, though there is now a Japanese release that is perhaps based on the UK Optimum release.
It is apparently missing about 35 seconds of a scene of Barbara unbuttoning her blouse according to people who have this bd and know the film better than I do.
imo, though unfortunate, this is totally inconsequential to the overall presentation.
the release is also said to be very slightly cropped compared to one of the best known dvd releases, but frankly I didn't notice any cropping.
It is in the correct OAR, and imo well worth getting if you can buy it at the low price.
(I have seen this link as high as $40 for some reason)
http://www.amazon.com/Night-Living-D...824907&sr=1-12