The Departed - Question about this film on Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-11-2010, 11:46 AM

Default The Departed - Question about this film on Blu-ray

My Wife & I saw this in the movie theater, when we watched it again on Blu-ray I think they cut a short clip from the film....

Where Jack Nicholson/Frank Costello is in the diner, comes up from the basement and says "I think we're gonna need a mop!" He was bloody from killing a guy...

Was this cut, or did my wife and I just totally miss this scene??
Old 10-11-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerosmith View Post
My Wife & I saw this in the movie theater, when we watched it again on Blu-ray I think they cut a short clip from the film....

Where Jack Nicholson/Frank Costello is in the diner, comes up from the basement and says "I think we're gonna need a mop!" He was bloody from killing a guy...

Was this cut, or did my wife and I just totally miss this scene??
I think you just missed the scene or maybe it was at a different point in the movie to what you were expecting. It's been ages since i saw the movie though so maybe it was in the trailer but not in the actual film. ?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM

no that's in the Blu-ray cut. Leo later refers to him in that scene, when talking to Martin Sheen as "he's gettin' spooky captain". "he had blood on his hands, he's losing his fuckin' mind."

in the end of that scene, Jack says off-screen that "we're gonna need a mop...and a pail."

the next scene is Leo walking out of the shop and hears "you're a cop" from Delahunt and Fitzgibbons who are playing the game or guessing who's a cop and who's not.