'The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-10-2010, 08:07 PM

Default 'The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season' has just been posted. Steve is a fan, and says this was another great season. This Blu-ray offers a nice step up from past DVD releases, but it would be nice if Warner Brothers would included lossless audio next time. Extras are disappointing, but still fun. This is worth a look. Fans will be very happy with a purchase.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3099...theory_s3.html
Old 10-10-2010, 09:05 PM

Does anyone know why this isn't available on Amazon anymore?
Old 10-10-2010, 09:38 PM

Great review Steve. I'm a huge fan too. Watched like 8 episodes in one sitting. Sheldon taking care of Penny was a riot. They should put more of those two together.

Space_Butler, I'm not sure. Maybe it's just another one of Amazon's pulls when they think something is defective when it isn't, and then they put it back up.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:51 AM

My daughter and I are a huge fan of this show. It's refreshing to have a show which the lady actors are not the stick-figure type and actually can act.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:04 AM

I admit being unenthusiastic about this show without ever having seen it (i.e., I am prejudiced), but everything in the review sounded like it confirmed that I would not like this show. Actually, I can see this same exact text being a sarcastically negative review written from the perspective of a person who likes it for all the wrong reasons. It's great that different things appeal to different people, but--again, as one who has not seen this, and so who has no first-hand knowledge of any quality in it--I am surprised at the rating. Perhaps, at some point in the future, I will watch an episode(s) and see what the reviewer saw, finally understanding what makes the situations funny in the context of the show, but a part of me feels this is unlikely
Old 10-11-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevirus View Post
I admit being unenthusiastic about this show without ever having seen it (i.e., I am prejudiced), but everything in the review sounded like it confirmed that I would not like this show. Actually, I can see this same exact text being a sarcastically negative review written from the perspective of a person who likes it for all the wrong reasons. It's great that different things appeal to different people, but--again, as one who has not seen this, and so who has no first-hand knowledge of any quality in it--I am surprised at the rating. Perhaps, at some point in the future, I will watch an episode(s) and see what the reviewer saw, finally understanding what makes the situations funny in the context of the show, but a part of me feels this is unlikely
It depends on your interests. I can't stand sitcoms in general (laugh tracks suck), but The Big Bang Theory is one of the few that I can actually stomach. My friends who love this show are fans mostly because of the comic book, sci-fi, sci-fact, and video game references. I think seasons 1 and 2 are better than season 3. Season 3 is starting to be a little too sitcomish for my tastes and there's less cool references than previous seasons, but the show is still worth watching IMO.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:01 AM

Love this movies. I hope they come with Box Set
Old 10-11-2010, 10:56 AM

I couldn't get through more than two episodes of this. The laughter track was driving me insane.