The Game Rumored for Criterion Spring 2011 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-08-2010, 08:28 PM

Default The Game Rumored for Criterion Spring 2011

Source

I'm a huge David Fincher fan. Might as well call me a Fincher geek but I'm glad he's getting another film on Criterion even though it's his second to least good film. Great twist and at first I was like would I ever watch this again? But over the time, it has grown on me and yes i would watch this again and it would just add to my Fincher collection and I find it absolutely hilarious that Fincher isn't willing to work with Universal on this release, instead Criterion is going to work on it.

Hopefully Criterion picks up Social Network too.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:33 PM

I loved the game.It has one of my favourite laugh out loud scenes ever in it,the scene with the briefcase/doorhandle.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
I loved the game.It has one of my favourite laugh out loud scenes ever in it,the scene with the briefcase/doorhandle.
Can't remember that scene, thought i love the scene where the clown is sitting at his door, so creepy haha.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque... View Post
Can't remember that scene, thought i love the scene where the clown is sitting at his door, so creepy haha.

Spoiler
The doorhandle scene is where he finds a car door handle in his briefcase earlier in the day and he can't figure out what it's for but later he's in a car and the car ends up sinking in a river and he can't get out because his doorhandle's missing. He then figures it out. Hilarious.Michael Douglas is a master at black comedy.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:07 PM

Awesome. I can't even locate the CC laserdisc and the last time I had the opportunity to get it I was ripped off.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:50 PM

If this turns out to be true, then this is the best Blu-Ray news I've heard in a long time. The Game is an awesome film, one of my favorites, and it's LONG OVER DUE for getting a great Hi-Def transfer. After all, The HD DVD did look pretty damn crappy...
Old 10-08-2010, 09:55 PM

I luv this flick, remember watching it when it came out!! My sis and I were big fans of it, watched it quite a bit over the 90's.

Cant wait to get this from Criterion! You know it will look kick ass!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque... View Post
Source

I'm a huge David Fincher fan. Might as well call me a Fincher geek but I'm glad he's getting another film on Criterion even though it's his second to least good film. Great twist and at first I was like would I ever watch this again? But over the time, it has grown on me and yes i would watch this again and it would just add to my Fincher collection and I find it absolutely hilarious that Fincher isn't willing to work with Universal on this release, instead Criterion is going to work on it.

Hopefully Criterion picks up Social Network too.
Whats your running order of Fincher flicks? let me guess, Aliens 3 is the least.... Or could it be Panic Room...
Old 10-08-2010, 10:28 PM

This is great coincidence from my perspective. Recently mentioned how I haven't seen this one yet in another thread (the Social Network one, iIrc) and today just got the movie in from Netflix on DVD, will watch it later tonight.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:15 PM

IMO, The Game is a much better film than The Social Network.

My favorite Fincher films from best to worst, even though I love all of his films, so there really isn't a "worst."

Se7en
Fight Club
Zodiac
The Game
The Social Network
Benjamin Button
Panic Room
Alien 3