'Please Give' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-07-2010, 05:59 PM

Default 'Please Give' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Please Give' has just been posted. Aaron is definitely a fan, and says this movie has solid replay value. This Blu-ray presents the film abut as well as could be expected, but it still doesn't look so great. Audio is just a smidge better. Extras are slight to say the least. Overall, this is recommended based on the movie itself.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3931/pleasegive.html
Old 10-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Good review. I liked this one. The old lady neighbor is fackin' hilarious!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:18 AM
HDD Contributor

saw a trailer for it. Looks funny
Old 10-09-2010, 08:07 PM

I am personally sick of Hollywood's constant portrayal of spoiled brat children. Perhaps the saddest part of Holofcener's 'Please Give' is the very last scene. In it the child is finally given her precious jeans, the jeans that she screamed at and cussed her mother out for and basically stole from a homeless man for. Yes, she is struggling with her weight and acne but she is also struggling with a complete lack of self control and a terrible bout of self absorbed selfishness. We are supposed to be filled with happiness and warm feelings that her parents just caved in the end and enabled her to act this more from now on? I think it's sad.