'Futurama: Volume 5' is coming December 21 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-07-2010, 11:58 AM

Default 'Futurama: Volume 5' is coming December 21

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4154/futurama_v5.html
Old 10-07-2010, 12:04 PM

HOPEFULLY, this means they'll go back and release the other volumes. Love this show.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 10-07-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
HOPEFULLY, this means they'll go back and release the other volumes. Love this show.
I wouldn't hold my breath for that... Volume 5 is coming on Blu-ray since it is the first season in HD. I just hope they go back and release the missing Futurama movies.

And before it's brought up... Fox released Season 13 of the Simpsons because it was day and date with the DVD.

fitprod
Old 10-08-2010, 12:51 PM

Agreed, I wouldn't hold my breath for series 1-4. And honestly, since they were done in SD it would just be an upconvert.

The first two movies are a different story, since they were done in HD (and would benefit more from the lossless soundtrack also. Hopes are dim, but they're alive.

I wonder if the commentaries will be video like they were for the last two movies...it was actually really handy, since the commentaries are such a group effort and it's hard to tell who's talking.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:41 PM

this season still hasn't aired in canada. i guess it'll be all new for me when i buy it. lol

too bad it was only 13 episodes though. not sure how well the ratings were so hopefully they were good enough that if we get another season, it'll be a full 22-24. although its all about money so they probably already made that many episodes and just decided it to air it as two seasons as an excuse to release two collections. lol
Old 10-09-2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
this season still hasn't aired in canada. i guess it'll be all new for me when i buy it. lol

too bad it was only 13 episodes though. not sure how well the ratings were so hopefully they were good enough that if we get another season, it'll be a full 22-24. although its all about money so they probably already made that many episodes and just decided it to air it as two seasons as an excuse to release two collections. lol
I'm in the same situation as well being another Canuck. The show was ordered by Comedy Central for 26 episodes so far. Which means we will indeed have 2 separate volumes of the show at 13 episodes each. Whether or not more are ordered after that is another story (hopefully they they will get word soon)