'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-05-2010, 06:43 PM

Default 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown' has just been posted. This special still holds up after all these years. As for this Blu-ray, the video and audio offer an improved presentation, but the extras are pretty darn thin. You'll have to decide if this short feature is worth the fairly high price on Blu-ray. For fans only, but we're guessing that's still quite a lot of you!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3489...lie_brown.html
Old 10-05-2010, 07:28 PM

Hey, Drew, good review (as always). One of my all-time favorites (was a HUGE fan of Peanuts groing up). But I assume "Wes Anderson is a huge fan of the Menendez brothers" should be Melendez?? Pretty big difference
Old 10-05-2010, 07:34 PM

I understand the complaints about the high pricing on this Blu-Ray...but it should be noted that any serious fan of Peanuts would be better off just picking up the box set of "Its The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown/A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving/A Charlie Brown Christmas." The stand alone "Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" goes for $18.99, , on Amazon, while the set goes for $34.99. Its pretty much a no brainer to just pick up the set.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:56 PM

wouldnt it be better to just release them all in one collection? i mean you could fit every special they made onto 1 or 2 discs. of course they wanna make money so maybe just make individual volumes with 3 to 4 specials each and then make a complete set.

but this "releasing one at a time" plan is utterly retarded. sure they usually throw a second special on there but its usually advertised as some sort of extra as if its not important or something. i'm not a Peanuts fan but i am a huge Garfield one and they did the same. in his case there are only 9 tv specials and they slowly released them 3 per disc instead of just doing a full collection. and the weirdest part is that they finally did make a boxset but omitted the Holiday specials from it.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncy X View Post
wouldnt it be better to just release them all in one collection? i mean you could fit every special they made onto 1 or 2 discs. of course they wanna make money so maybe just make individual volumes with 3 to 4 specials each and then make a complete set.

but this "releasing one at a time" plan is utterly retarded. sure they usually throw a second special on there but its usually advertised as some sort of extra as if its not important or something. i'm not a Peanuts fan but i am a huge Garfield one and they did the same. in his case there are only 9 tv specials and they slowly released them 3 per disc instead of just doing a full collection. and the weirdest part is that they finally did make a boxset but omitted the Holiday specials from it.

This is out, I got just it today
Old 10-05-2010, 11:00 PM

This and the Dr. Seuss releases. Sooo overpriced.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:50 AM

The Holiday Pack is the way to go! Mine is still on the way from Warner. I paid $25.46 with free shipping. I can dig it! FYI- I did see this stand-alone version (Halloween) at Wal-Mart for $15 in the slip-sleeve.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Former Member

is the holiday pack in slim cases, fat cases, or a single spine?

a shame the "it's the great dolemite, charlie brown" was awful compared to the Easter N**** or Mother F***ing Ramadan mostoffensivevideo redubs.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Hi Nate

All three releases are housed in their individual/regular Blu-ray cases, no slip covers however, but they are all housed in the box. I personally have to have both versions in my collection.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Former Member

rokey dokey. last year i got all 3 of the holiday titles late in the year, way past release, so here's hoping for a repeat lol.

if no, after christmas, i'll buy this set.