'Stomp the Yard: Homecoming' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-05-2010, 05:11 PM

Default 'Stomp the Yard: Homecoming' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Stomp the Yard: Homecoming' is now stompin' around the Blu-ray review section.

Aaron says this movie is for a very specific audience, and well, he won't dance, don't ask him. He won't dance, don't ask him. He won't dance, reader with you. This Blu-ray could enjoy a couple upgrades too. Vid-ee-o, it's ok, aud-ee-o, it's okay, extras, they're okay too. Nothing amazing, but if you're a fan, they'll do.

A rental.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3585...omecoming.html
Old 10-05-2010, 05:37 PM

I have to agree with the review mostly. This movie is more of the same, but thats kinda what sequels are. I can only imagine how hard it is to balance a new story and change things up but also keeping the movie in the same lane so it can carry the title over. I can think of a sequel that got it wrong (a video game) Far cry 2, It had nothing to do with the first 2 games and could have been called any other name but Far cry.

I for one enjoyed the first movie, I also liked this movie. Not the best story but the dancing is entertaining. Im from the south and have seen stomp shows. Stomp is hard to translate into movies because its a form of dance without music normally. The took something most people wouldn't get or even like and made it watchable and entertaining. You have to take this movie for what it is a dance movie, If you like dance movies I feel you enjoy this movie.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:44 PM

I will fully admit this sequel may be a bad movie, but not for the reasons that this reviewer seems to think. The first movie was hardly a bad film, and was actually one of my favorites from that year. To suggest that a movie centered around "stepping" cannot be good or that the University in the movie only values dancing shows a complete detachment from the material and subject matter being covered. If that is the kind of effort the reviewer would give the movie, then at least give the review to somebody who can relate to, or appreciate the subject matter. This review is pretty bad.

Brandon