'Frozen' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-01-2010, 02:32 PM

Default 'Frozen' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'Frozen' has just been posted. Michael Palmer says this film has tension and good characters, but he wasn't totally enthralled with the second half. This Blu-ray has disappointing video (despite word of mouth), but solid audio, and an excellent batch of extras. Give it a rent.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3412/frozen.html
Old 10-01-2010, 04:24 PM

I've seen the movie, so I don't care....but that's a pretty big spoiler dude! not cool
Old 10-01-2010, 05:36 PM

??????

not. getting. it ^ ?
Old 10-01-2010, 05:47 PM

Seen this movie, A predictable movie with nothing I didn't see coming. I did like the concept but somethings are better left as concepts like this movie.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunyaga View Post
??????

not. getting. it ^ ?
The guy (or admin) removed the post above mine
Old 10-01-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshadow4life View Post
The guy (or admin) removed the post above mine
I removed my post so you would stop crying.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:03 PM

it was a good movie for a first time viewing but not something worth owning or seeing again. there's one thing thats bugged me ever since i saw it though...

Spoiler
so in the end, Ashmore decides to finally try the plan of crawling across the cables. sure his hands suffer quite a bit but he survives it fine. they discussed doing that shortly after they realized they were screwed. so why didnt they just try it then? worse case scenario who ever crossed wouldnt be able to handle it and be stuck at the next lift but seeing as how it actually worked, surprised they didnt try. obviously that would have ended the movie quite early but yeah. it annoyed me that they suggested it, then put it down for very realistic reasons thus removing the option only to end up using it anyway.

oh and maybe i just watch too much horror but at the end when the girl is picked up, i was totally expecting some last minute moment to show us she's fucked as well. like maybe some sorta scenario showing her or at least us the audience that the guy is some psycho murderer or something. bleak i know but i totally expected it. lol
Old 10-01-2010, 08:35 PM

Bouncy X
The movie for me is about choices and what would you do. I know throughout the whole movie I thought why not do this and they did the opposite just like I knew they would. They make a series of choices that lead them to the end of the movie. I applaud the movie for making the characters live with the choices and path they took (there is no reset/retry button video game style). The movie is a ride and worth a rent for me, as it pulls you into the movie and you root for the characters.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:03 AM

What someone thinks of the movie itself is such a matter of opinion and preference so I won't reference that part of the review. I am curious as to one point, however. How can two people see the same exact movie and come to such differing conclusions on the PQ?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Frozen.../11377/#Review

I am quite tempted to give this one a go. It is so hard to find repeat viewing value in horror nowdays but this one seems to have a lot of promise. While the opinions on this thread are pretty negative I have also read a lot of positive things about the film itself. I want to believe! I want to believe that I can find a great contemporary horror flick with repeat viewing value!
Old 10-02-2010, 02:55 AM

3.5 stars for the movie? Seriously? Was I watching a different movie? Every single thing in this movie is predictable, picture quality is atrocious, acting is bad -- so bad I want every character to die, the DP doesn't know anything better than close up and more close up.

I want not only my money back, I want my time-spent back.

It's a garbage to the hilt.