Rambo "original" vs "extended cut" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-29-2010, 10:44 AM

Default Rambo "original" vs "extended cut"

Is there really enough of a difference to warrant buying the EC if you already own the original? I read in another thread about how many people think the audio is much cleaner in the EC. Noticeably so. True? According to the reviews on this site they share the same audio track.

Sounds like the only difference between the 2 versions is the cheap asking price for the EC and the extras on the EC.

Don't know if the EC is worth the $12.99 CAD. Even if that is pocket change.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Former Member

i felt the av was a little bit different, one for better, one for worse. it's all personal taste. if you're a HUGE fan of the film, then obviously yes. but if you only watch it once every year or two, then i'd say you can spend your money on something else, something you haven't seen.

i think the changes help the story and coherency quite a bit, however some people freak out there's "less brutality"
Old 09-30-2010, 08:27 PM

I upgraded and don't feel it was necessary. Not enough of a difference to me. Still both are awesome.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:42 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
i think the changes help the story and coherency quite a bit, however some people freak out there's "less brutality"
Watching the EC (and not the original) I was wowed by how graphic things were, by far the most violent Rambo's in the collection. With that being said, what am I missing?
Old 10-01-2010, 06:23 AM

I'm not missing the more brutal shots, I have my theatrical Rambo Steelbook unopened (having watched it twice on DVD). I think the extended cut is superior storywise.

But if you want to see all the (very many but mostly very short) changes between the two versions take a look here: http://movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=624222.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Watching the EC (and not the original) I was wowed by how graphic things were, by far the most violent Rambo's in the collection. With that being said, what am I missing?