'Malcom X' coming to Blu-Ray digibook 1/31/12 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned

Default 'Malcom X' coming to Blu-Ray digibook 1/31/12

Last edited by Landy; 10-10-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:39 PM

FINALLY!!!

Spike Lee's best film and one of the very best pictures of the 90s. it should've taken home the oscars for BP and BD but like many times with the Academy, like fucked up.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:43 PM

Nice...excited for the release, but I wouldn't call this Spike's best joint...not by a long shot.

Do the Right Thing will always be #1 and for me at least, 25th Hour places a close second.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:44 PM

Never seen this one before. I may blind buy.

Clockers is one of my favorite Spike Lee joints.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Never seen this one before. I may blind buy.

Clockers is one of my favorite Spike Lee joints.
Funny, I always forget about Clockers, but I loved it when I saw it. Yet, I remember Bamboozled and School Daze whenever I think of Spike Lee, both of which I have never even seen.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:51 PM

Clockers is surreal and ultra violent. The opening is so realistically bloody.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambooLounge View Post
Nice...excited for the release, but I wouldn't call this Spike's best joint...not by a long shot.

Do the Right Thing will always be #1 and for me at least, 25th Hour places a close second.
i think Do the Right Thing and 25th Hour are great but Malcolm X is masterful. perhaps the second viewings of all three films will change my opinion but as of now, i'm going with X as his only 5/5 masterpiece.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
i think Do the Right Thing and 25th Hour are great but Malcolm X is masterful. perhaps the second viewings of all three films will change my opinion but as of now, i'm going with X as his only 5/5 masterpiece.
I think 25th Hour is pretty good but it's hardly Lee's best or Norton's best but it's a great film. Malcolm X emotionally resonates with me a lot more and I have yet to see Do THE Right Thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
FINALLY!!!

Spike Lee's best film and one of the very best pictures of the 90s. it should've taken home the oscars for BP and BD but like many times with the Academy, like fucked up.
Who won best actor that year? Denzel fans this is a movie you must see because this is one of his finest performances if not best and yeah Boston it's Lee's best film. I've been waiting on this for a while and i'm very happy to see it's getting the digibook treatment.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque... View Post
I think 25th Hour is pretty good but it's hardly Lee's best or Norton's best but it's a great film. Malcolm X emotionally resonates with me a lot more and I have yet to see Do THE Right Thing.
i agree about the 25th Hour. a 4/5, great film. see Do the Right Thing soon.

Quote:
Who won best actor that year? Denzel fans this is a movie you must see because this is one of his finest performances if not best and yeah Boston it's Lee's best film. I've been waiting on this for a while and i'm very happy to see it's getting the digibook treatment.
yeah, i was thinking about putting down his snubbing as well but there was no way he was getting a BA AA that early on in his career. he's amazing in it though.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:04 AM

An amazing film, glad to see this making its way to Blu-Ray. And yes, Denzel's performance in this film is simply at a level you don't see often. He just nails the look, the mannerisms, the expressions.. you literally forget you are watching an actor. Similar to Gandhi, where you forget that you're watching Ben Kingsley. Difference of course is that Kingsley won an Oscar for his role. Denzel was nominated but Al Pacino won it for Scent of a Woman. Righty then.