'Malcom X' coming to Blu-Ray digibook 1/31/12 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 224
Default 'Malcom X' coming to Blu-Ray digibook 1/31/12


Last edited by Landy; 10-10-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:39 PM
BostonMA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,948
Default

FINALLY!!!

Spike Lee's best film and one of the very best pictures of the 90s. it should've taken home the oscars for BP and BD but like many times with the Academy, like fucked up.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:43 PM
BambooLounge's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,115
Default

Nice...excited for the release, but I wouldn't call this Spike's best joint...not by a long shot.

Do the Right Thing will always be #1 and for me at least, 25th Hour places a close second.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:44 PM
cheez avenger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,694
Default

Never seen this one before. I may blind buy.

Clockers is one of my favorite Spike Lee joints.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-28-2010, 06:48 PM
BambooLounge's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Never seen this one before. I may blind buy.

Clockers is one of my favorite Spike Lee joints.
Funny, I always forget about Clockers, but I loved it when I saw it. Yet, I remember Bamboozled and School Daze whenever I think of Spike Lee, both of which I have never even seen.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:51 PM
cheez avenger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,694
Default

Clockers is surreal and ultra violent. The opening is so realistically bloody.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-28-2010, 08:18 PM
BostonMA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambooLounge View Post
Nice...excited for the release, but I wouldn't call this Spike's best joint...not by a long shot.

Do the Right Thing will always be #1 and for me at least, 25th Hour places a close second.
i think Do the Right Thing and 25th Hour are great but Malcolm X is masterful. perhaps the second viewings of all three films will change my opinion but as of now, i'm going with X as his only 5/5 masterpiece.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Idioteque...'s Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
i think Do the Right Thing and 25th Hour are great but Malcolm X is masterful. perhaps the second viewings of all three films will change my opinion but as of now, i'm going with X as his only 5/5 masterpiece.
I think 25th Hour is pretty good but it's hardly Lee's best or Norton's best but it's a great film. Malcolm X emotionally resonates with me a lot more and I have yet to see Do THE Right Thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMA View Post
FINALLY!!!

Spike Lee's best film and one of the very best pictures of the 90s. it should've taken home the oscars for BP and BD but like many times with the Academy, like fucked up.
Who won best actor that year? Denzel fans this is a movie you must see because this is one of his finest performances if not best and yeah Boston it's Lee's best film. I've been waiting on this for a while and i'm very happy to see it's getting the digibook treatment.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-29-2010, 08:45 AM
BostonMA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque... View Post
I think 25th Hour is pretty good but it's hardly Lee's best or Norton's best but it's a great film. Malcolm X emotionally resonates with me a lot more and I have yet to see Do THE Right Thing.
i agree about the 25th Hour. a 4/5, great film. see Do the Right Thing soon.

Quote:
Who won best actor that year? Denzel fans this is a movie you must see because this is one of his finest performances if not best and yeah Boston it's Lee's best film. I've been waiting on this for a while and i'm very happy to see it's getting the digibook treatment.
yeah, i was thinking about putting down his snubbing as well but there was no way he was getting a BA AA that early on in his career. he's amazing in it though.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,973
Default

An amazing film, glad to see this making its way to Blu-Ray. And yes, Denzel's performance in this film is simply at a level you don't see often. He just nails the look, the mannerisms, the expressions.. you literally forget you are watching an actor. Similar to Gandhi, where you forget that you're watching Ben Kingsley. Difference of course is that Kingsley won an Oscar for his role. Denzel was nominated but Al Pacino won it for Scent of a Woman. Righty then.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTT: A Streetcar Named Desire Digibook for Guys and Dolls Digibook toxsic Blu-ray Disc Exchange 0 04-13-2013 05:47 PM
Five catalog Blu-ray digibook double dips coming in May Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 28 05-10-2011 05:04 PM
'The Color Purple' coming to Blu-Ray digibook 1/25/11 doctorthodt Blu-ray Software General Discussion 8 10-02-2010 05:47 AM
Malcom X killer going free after 44 years!! taygan315 The Water Cooler 6 04-27-2010 10:37 PM
Easy Rider Blu-Ray Digibook for sale SilentNight Blu-ray Disc Exchange 2 12-07-2009 10:41 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off