Sunshine Bluray error going on with Sony Bluray Players (Solutions anyone?) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-24-2010, 08:13 PM

Default Sunshine Bluray error going on with Sony Bluray Players (Solutions anyone?)

Well the problem is that the PIP feature is automatically turned on and it's greyed out so you can't turn it off. It's going on with all up to date firmware sony players even the PS3.

Anyone figure out to fight this? It's most likely the bug which pisses me off.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:51 PM

I'd say get a player made by someone other than Sony.
it seems like every release lately has people with Sony players saying they are having issues playing them.
Sony used to be on top of things, but I guess those days are over.
the whole thing is kind of strange.
from a poster on another forum--
"got all excited over a firmware update just a few days ago for my Sony S570, but was disappointed
that it did not resolve the PIP dilemma. Sunshine was the first disc I played after the firmware update.

I remain hopeful that Sony will resolve this problem. There's no way their developers don't know about it at this point."
Old 09-25-2010, 03:19 PM

My player is a Sony and I own Sunshine and this doesn't happen to me.

I can't say I've ever had any problems with my Sony player though.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycracksopen View Post
My player is a Sony and I own Sunshine and this doesn't happen to me.

I can't say I've ever had any problems with my Sony player though.
Did you try it after the firmware update?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:31 PM

The last time I updated the firmware was about a year ago, so I probably don't have the most recent one.

I think I'll wait until I have any kind of problems with it before I update the firmware. No reason to fix something that isn't broken.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycracksopen View Post
The last time I updated the firmware was about a year ago, so I probably don't have the most recent one.

I think I'll wait until I have any kind of problems with it before I update the firmware. No reason to fix something that isn't broken.
Yeah that's why lol. With the Ps3 you need to update regardless if you want to play online.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:37 PM

My fat PS3 has the latest firmware, and like Idioteque, the PIP automatically comes on and can't be switched off. I'm surprised there's no workaround for turning off that videostream.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:22 PM

Well fuck me sideways! I hope they fix this fast--I love this movie! Guess I'll have to use the Vizio in the bedroom or my lappy if I want to watch this movie anytime soon.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:57 PM

And the morons didn't bother to do anything for this new firmware update either.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque... View Post
Yeah that's why lol. With the Ps3 you need to update regardless if you want to play online.
I believe you can run version 3.41 and run a spoofer to make PSN think you've got 3.42 and allow online play. I know, too much hassle!