Why do some blurays have different artwork? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-24-2010, 07:19 PM

Why do some blurays have different artwork?

It's hard to explain on here seeing as i normally see it in stores but tend to forget the subject every time i get online or forget which movies.

One i can think of though off hand is Enemy at the Gates.

i would post the images but i still can not post urls -_-..

i'll try to describe it lol;

the one looks just like the cover of the dvd release while the other is an updated image of the two characters full bodies shown with a war torn city in the background with red stripes going across on the top portion and bottom portion.

Is there any significance for these different pictures on this bluray as well as others (can't think of them off hand but i know there are more)
Old 09-25-2010, 03:54 AM

I saw this at Wal-mart one day and snickered. It's pretty obvious that they're trying to appeal to fans of Inglourious Basterds.

They do this a lot. One of the most blatant examples is the blu-ray cover to Near Dark which obviously (and painfully) trying to appeal to twitards.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:52 AM

so it's not like a reissue or anything like that..the quality and everything are exactly the same? just wanted to make sure before i purchased any of them because i was thinking like early blurays, the quality was lower and the ones with different artwork were the better/ updated versions. Thank you for your input