Spartacus Blood and Sand S1 problem - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-21-2010, 07:45 AM

Default Spartacus Blood and Sand S1 problem

Ok, I got Spartacus today and checked out the discs. Looks like Disc 3 ep 1 (*****) has a massive encoding error in it (I assume). starting at 25:03 the ep freezes and skips to about 32:30 and is unplayable for those minutes in both my ps3 and Panny BD-65. I went back and exchanged it at 2 different walmarts. Both replacements did the exact same thing in the exact same spot. Anyone else care to check. maybe I got a bad batch from my walmarts or maybe Anchorbay F-cked up.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
Ok, I got Spartacus today and checked out the discs. Looks like Disc 3 ep 1 (*****) has a massive encoding error in it (I assume). starting at 25:03 the ep freezes and skips to about 32:30 and is unplayable for those minutes in both my ps3 and Panny BD-65. I went back and exchanged it at 2 different walmarts. Both replacements did the exact same thing in the exact same spot. Anyone else care to check. maybe I got a bad batch from my walmarts or maybe Anchorbay F-cked up.
That sucks. You may have run into a bad batch, or the batch that they sent out is all bad, and just the review copies are fine. Because the copy I got to review for the site has no such error.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 09-21-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
That sucks. You may have run into a bad batch, or the batch that they sent out is all bad, and just the review copies are fine. Because the copy I got to review for the site has no such error.
uggghh, yeah, most likely a bad batch then, I'm going to go to another walmart across town and exchange it there. see if their batches work
Old 09-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Former Member

lol. you're going to singlehandedly deplete your entire town of spartacus stock, mike

not good news, but wonky discs happen.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:47 PM

Yeah sucks to hear the bad news. My copy from ama is shipping soon. Hopefully nothing's wrong with it.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Banned

I must be missing something here - you posted at 6:45 am saying you got the set today, and you just happened to stumble upon an error 25 minutes into an episode on disc 3? How does that happen?
Old 09-21-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorthodt View Post
I must be missing something here - you posted at 6:45 am saying you got the set today, and you just happened to stumble upon an error 25 minutes into an episode on disc 3? How does that happen?
I always skim through my discs when I purchase them to look for errors like this. I picked mine up at 1:15 am and by 2:00 had found the error
Old 09-21-2010, 07:52 PM

well, it took me 4 walmarts and 4 returns but I finally got a good copy. Had to drive to another WM across town to exchange where they must have had a different batch. so I'm good. BUT, I suggest anyone who buys these set from walmart check that section to make sure you didn't get a wonky one
Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 PM

Got mine at WalMart, and do not have the same issue.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:05 PM

I just got my set from Amazon. The section of episode #1 on disc #3 the OP had problems with seems to play fine. But . . why is it we have to have packaging that requires sliding discs in and out of pocket sleeves? At least these particular sleeves seem to have a coating that is rather smooth, but I still detest this type of disc packaging as it just invites fingerprints on and damage to the discs in the process of using them. The studios want this product line to succeed, but they provide shoddy product packaging just to save a few pennies per unit sold. This is not the way to extend the life of optical media based home entertainment!