'Room with a View' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-01-2007, 07:59 PM
PeterB

Default 'Room with a View' -- pre-release buzz

BBC Video has officially announced 'A Room with a View' for Blu-ray (and HD DVD) release on October 2:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/roomwithaview.html

It's their first release following 'Planet Earth,' and comes as a loaded special edition with commentary, featurettes and more. if 'Planet Earth' is any indictaion, it should be a strong release.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:21 AM

Good grief - I knew not to expect as much discussion of this as, say, any given Spider-Man movie, but no posts at all? Yow.

I was going to ask why there isn't a review of this title yet, but looking at the thread I'm inclined to think it's been put off for perceived lack of interest. Bleah...
Old 12-14-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie-Wan View Post
Good grief - I knew not to expect as much discussion of this as, say, any given Spider-Man movie, but no posts at all? Yow.

I was going to ask why there isn't a review of this title yet, but looking at the thread I'm inclined to think it's been put off for perceived lack of interest. Bleah...
I have this on HD DVD - from Warner/BBC, the BD should be identical. The DTS-HD audio was excellent, the PQ a little disappointing, not nearly as much detail as I expected; I'd say a 3 out of 5 for PQ, 4/5 for audio.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:03 PM

Though there appeared to be some shipping problems, I still wonder why there has been no full review of this fairly well known film.

Bill
Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 PM

I thought pic-quality was ok. Very grainy shots of the short arty-card type pictures that starts of a new chapter in the story.

To bad that the sound (being good quality) is still mixed by a total newbie.
Levels seem very off and the adr (additional dialog recordigs) are totally seperat from the rest of the scenes ambient sounds. One of the first scenes when they go down for dinner at "the pensionate" is horrible. Judy Dench´s voice it totally seperate from all other sounds. Very "sound-bothy" and also mixed in far to loud.

There are others scenes that has terrible mixing as well. The music is also mixed in very loud throughout the movie,,,this might be intentional but its really distracting at times.

This sound is similar to the DVD collectors edition,,,,better quality of the sound but same awful mix.

/Cheese