'The Office: Season 6' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-07-2010, 03:48 PM

Default 'The Office: Season 6' - High-Def Digest Review

We've just reviewed the sixth season of 'The Office.' Nate says the show really lost its way this season. (Personally, I pinpoint the trouble as starting with the Mafia episode. Oh, and it's time for Ryan to get the boot.) This Blu-ray set features strong video, not so great audio, and plenty of extras. If you were a fan this season, feel free to pick it up, others will want to weigh their options, or just check out the glory years.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3539/office_s6.html
Old 09-07-2010, 04:20 PM

Wow, totally brutal review. I personally really liked season 6. The whole 'dance' scene during the wedding episode was a mockery of that youtube video and how stupid it is. That's why Jim and Pam had 'their' wedding to themselves before that. Yes, a few episodes were really weak, like 'Mafia', for example. But this season also housed some of the best episodes in Office history. I loved the Jim+Pam birth episode(one of Dwight's all-time best episodes) and the "Murder" episode. Overall, it wasn't the best Office season but it was a lot better than season 5 and about on par with season 4.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:22 PM

the wedding episode was probably the best episode of the season
Old 09-07-2010, 04:51 PM

Agree that this is the worst season by far. The whole Saber angle looked good on paper, but was really boring to watch. The two episodes that Boss hated were actually my favourite though. Really liked the wedding episode (youtube parody dancing and all) and loved Scott's Tots. It was really uncomfortable to watch (Boss got that right on) and there was a certain riskiness/awkwardness to the episode that captured the spirit and freshness of the first season.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:53 PM

I couldn't believe they actually had a clip episode. I thought the season was good right up to the end of the first half of the wedding episode, then it went downhill FAST. Recovered with Murder, then back to being flat out sad.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:12 PM

'The Office' has stunk since mid 3rd season ever since they decided to make Michael Scott a complete buffoon instead of the multi-facted character he was beginning to be in the first couple seasons. The Booze Cruise episode really showed us what Michael could have been had the writers not gone in a completely opposite direction. When Michael comes up next to Jim and starts talking to him about Pam, it's sweet and you realize that he's really not that bad of a guy, just slightly dumb. Now he's full-on stupid and moronic.

The last episode I watched was when he drove his car into the lake because the GPS told him to. That about sums up where 'The Office' has gone.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 09-07-2010, 06:00 PM

Wow your right about the packaging. Absolutely hideous!!! I'm still trying to figure out a decent way to get these discs out.

To the reviewer: IS there a way to get these discs out of the case without bending the discs? I sure as shit can't figure it out!

Last edited by Hi-Def Steve; 09-07-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:20 PM

Sounds like it's the same cruddy disc packaging that Universal used for season 6 of 'House.'

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 09-07-2010, 07:30 PM

Could not disagree more with the review of the actual content, luckily I don't base my purchasing decisions on the Movie Itself scores here, since they are, to say the very least, inconsistent.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeve View Post
Wow, totally brutal review. I personally really liked season 6. The whole 'dance' scene during the wedding episode was a mockery of that youtube video and how stupid it is. That's why Jim and Pam had 'their' wedding to themselves before that. Yes, a few episodes were really weak, like 'Mafia', for example. But this season also housed some of the best episodes in Office history. I loved the Jim+Pam birth episode(one of Dwight's all-time best episodes) and the "Murder" episode. Overall, it wasn't the best Office season but it was a lot better than season 5 and about on par with season 4.

I agree. It's only a 2/5 if you strictly compare it to other Office seasons, and harshly at that. I'd personally much rather watch this than more House, which received 3.5/5 from a different reviewer here. To each their own, I suppose.