Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Combo Pack November 30 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-27-2010, 08:21 PM

Default Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Combo Pack November 30

Official press release.

Disney's Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 can finally dance their way out of the Blu-ray rumor lists and into the officially confirmed and dated pile.
Disney Home Entertainment has revealed plans to release Fantasia, Fantasia 2000 and the animated short Destino in a four-disc special edition movie collection on November 30. Like many Disney classics, It will be available for a limited time and then removed from store shelves.

Both Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 on Blu-ray will be presented in digitally remastered 1080p video (their original aspect ratios) and 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio on separate discs. The third and fourth discs in the set are DVD versions of the film and limited redundant bonus features.

Disc One: Fantasia Blu-ray

DisneyView
Disney Family Museum
The Schultheis Notebook - newly discovered document reveals movie secrets
Interactive Art Gallery
Audio commentaries

Disc Two: Fantasia 2000 Blu-ray

Destino - 2003 animated short debuting on Blu-ray
Dali and Disney - a date with Destino documentary
Musicana - Walt's inpiration for a sequel
Disney's Virtual Vault - BD-Live
Audio commentaries

Disc Three: Fantasia DVD

Audio commentary
Disney Family Museum

Disc Four: Fantasia 2000 DVD

Musicana - Walt's inpiration for a sequel

Old 08-27-2010, 08:22 PM

Is it just me or do those extras look very slim?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:53 PM

that's a nice package, but I just can't believe they don't each get a separate release also.
what is wrong with you Disney?
"Destino" will be cool to see.
Dali ftw!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzzZa5o1q5k
Old 08-27-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
that's a nice package, but I just can't believe they don't each get a separate release also.
Dali ftw!
Is there a point to releasing it separate? It's not like one is a terrible film and the other isn't. Hardly something to complain about.

But anyway, I don't trust that coverart, shouldn't it say Diamond edition on the cover?
Old 08-27-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Dali ftw!
Fantasia 2000 probably wouldn't sell much at all on its own. It's not a classic, and was a total dog at the box office. I don't think the concept is something that really appeals to many people.

I guess they figure that it's worth the extra $5 they can get out of people by packaging both together with a higher MSRP. People would probably pick up the first but not the second, and no one is going to pick up just the second one.

I don't expect this will be a Diamond edition. I don't think this is going to be a hot seller; they tend to use Diamond edition on their best. When Aladdin is released on BD, it won't be Diamond, since the DVD didn't meet sales expectations.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque... View Post
But anyway, I don't trust that coverart, shouldn't it say Diamond edition on the cover?
From what I've read it's not a Diamond edition. And the artwork is from the Disney press release.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Def Steve View Post
From what I've read it's not a Diamond edition. And the artwork is from the Disney press release.
Then you must have missed something because Fantasia is the second Diamond of the year. Next year is Lion King and Bambi I think?

And could you have posted a source link instead of taking credit for yourself?
Old 08-28-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque... View Post
Then you must have missed something because Fantasia is the second Diamond of the year. Next year is Lion King and Bambi I think?

And could you have posted a source link instead of taking credit for yourself?
Dude what the hell is with the attitude?? I'm not trying to take credit for anything (as if I give a shit). I'm simply passing along info I've found on every other media board out there. This board didn't have the info when I posted it so I thought I would share it here. If you want your proof that I didn't make that cover then go to a site like Digital Bits. I'm not linking to other sites as I don't exactly know the rule here.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Def Steve View Post
Dude what the hell is with the attitude?? I'm not trying to take credit for anything (as if I give a shit). I'm simply passing along info I've found on every other media board out there. This board didn't have the info when I posted it so I thought I would share it here. If you want your proof that I didn't make that cover then go to a site like Digital Bits. I'm not linking to other sites as I don't exactly know the rule here.
If you're going to at least copy and paste you could also copy and paste the website's link where you got from. It's all about crediting your source.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:41 AM

Disney's set to have a big final 4 months of home video sales. I guess I'll have to add this to my list of titles that will be purchased from them before years end.