'House: Season Six' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-25-2010, 06:29 PM

Default 'House: Season Six' - High-Def Digest Review

Our review of 'House: Season Six' (the first to hit Blu-ray!), has just been posted. Aaron Peck says the series still delivers for the folks who love to hate or hate to love the cranky Dr. House. This Blu-ray has incredible video, very strong audio, and a nice assortment of extras (though the commentaries are snooze-worthy). This is recommended for fans.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3469/house_s6.html
Old 08-25-2010, 10:03 PM

cool. I might pick this up.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:58 PM

Does anyone remember when Hugh Laurie made a cameo on Season 4 of Friends when he was talking to Rachel on the plane as she went to England to tell Ross she loved him when he was marrying Emily? He was kind of a nobody in the U.S., though he's put in a lot of work as an actor overseas.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
Does anyone remember when Hugh Laurie made a cameo on Season 4 of Friends when he was talking to Rachel on the plane as she went to England to tell Ross she loved him when he was marrying Emily? He was kind of a nobody in the U.S., though he's put in a lot of work as an actor overseas.
I love him in 'Black Adder.'

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 08-26-2010, 01:09 AM
Former Member

Hugh Laurie was in Friends? that's kinda LOLz.

honestly, not a big fan of Laurie's style of acting. he rubs me the wrong way. not the characters he plays, just him in film/tv. additionally, House is too paint-by-numbers for my tastes, having seen random episodes throughout the course of the show. it hasn't ever convinced me that it's worth the hype.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:13 AM

The show is indeed pretty formulaic, but I enjoy watching the characters' relationships progress over the course of each season. House himself is more of a caricature than a believable person, which is a shame, but I still like the show a lot. Will be buying this sometime.