Old 06-30-2007, 10:20 AM

Cool The Replacement Killers 9/11 just listed

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Ki...dp/B000S1KUM4/

Rating UNRATED seems to be the extended cut
Studio: Sony Pictures Home Ent

lossless audio PCM

Anyone interested ?
Old 07-01-2007, 02:36 PM

I havent seen this movie in a while, even though it was not as good as Hard Boiled as I remember it was still very enjoyable.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Ki...dp/B000S1KUM4/

Rating UNRATED seems to be the extended cut
Studio: Sony Pictures Home Ent

lossless audio PCM

Anyone interested ?
I never saw this movie, but I do like Fat in BULLETPROOF MONK. May have to check into this one if reviews are good.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:47 PM

Love it, I'm there...
Old 07-03-2007, 08:12 PM

I love this movie. Can't wait to get it.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:14 PM

Good fun movie.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:32 AM

Awesome, I really love this movie. I am sure it will look great.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:59 PM

I saw this movie for $19.99 when I went to the DVD Planet today. So, I decided to pick it up as a blind buy...in hopes that it would, at the very least, deliver on the level of being a "stupid fun" action movie. I was also under the impression that this movie didn't come out until the 11th. I guess I had my release dates wrong.

I have to wait until later tonight until I can pop this into my player though...

How would you guys rate this movie on a scale of 1 to 5 stars?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
I saw this movie for $19.99 when I went to the DVD Planet today. So, I decided to pick it up as a blind buy...in hopes that it would, at the very least, deliver on the level of being a "stupid fun" action movie. I was also under the impression that this movie didn't come out until the 11th. I guess I had my release dates wrong.

I have to wait until later tonight until I can pop this into my player though...

How would you guys rate this movie on a scale of 1 to 5 stars?
No, you had your dates correct. If you found it somewhere, it's because they put it out early.

On a side note, by the way you have worded your post, I gather that you have an actual store called DVD Planet? Where is that? I've only heard of it as a website.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
No, you had your dates correct. If you found it somewhere, it's because they put it out early.

On a side note, by the way you have worded your post, I gather that you have an actual store called DVD Planet? Where is that? I've only heard of it as a website.
Yeah, there is an actual DVD Planet store near my house in Rancho Cucamonga, California (basically somewhere in San Bernardino county for those that don't live in Southern California ) I think there is another store in Huntington Beach California but I've never been to that one.

I do most of my DVD buying at the DVD Planet store, because the prices on their HDs and Blu-Rays always seem to be a bit cheaper than Best Buy.

I just watched "The Replacement Killers" Blu-Ray last night as well, and it was a pretty decent flick. I set my expectations low, because I am fresh off being VERY DISAPPOINTED in "War" (starring Jet Li and Jason Statham). At least "The Replacement Killers" offers some decent shoot outs here and there. I'd probably give the movie a 3 out of 5.

The picture quality seems to continue the trend of average transfers on Blu-Ray for me. Some scenes in the movie are really clear, and they really pop out at you...but I found other scenes to have that pesky Blu-Ray grain. This being said, I've never seen the film before so I am not sure if the movie is intentionally grainy in parts. Overall though, I'd give the transfer about a 3.5 out of 5. Its not the best looking Blu-Ray, but its certainly not the worst looking either.