Which Blu-ray are you NOT going to watch again? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-20-2010, 08:30 PM

Default Which Blu-ray are you NOT going to watch again?

Which Blu-ray did you get, watched once and don't think you'll revisit again?

My little sister gave me "The Golden Compass" and "Eragon" last xmas. I hadn't seen neither of them before. Boy, I don't think i'll get to them once more. But I also don't want to trade them away... it was a well intended gift afterall. Otherwise, I have "A Few Good Men" which I liked, but I don't think I'll get back to it any time soon.

What about you guys? Any blind buys, nostalgia-based purchased or others you just don't think on watching again?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:43 PM

Nada. I routinely go through my collection...every movie I own I would watch again.

If I watch a favorite and realize I wouldn't ever watch it again, I sell it.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:03 AM

The Devil Wears Prada, bought it at a corner used CD/DVD/sports card store with The Terminator together for $5, never watched it, probably never will.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:11 AM

All my movies get a second chance .
Old 08-21-2010, 10:54 AM

Transformers
Old 08-21-2010, 02:38 PM

Time Bandits. I saw it at the show when it came out and decided I wanted it on Blu. Oh Boy. It did not stand up to the test of time.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:35 PM

Transformers 1? I tought the first one was pretty entertaining. And Frogmeat, you should keep Prada, if a girl ever forces you into watching a chick flick, you'll find you could do much worse
Old 08-21-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartozki View Post
Transformers 1? I tought the first one was pretty entertaining. And Frogmeat, you should keep Prada, if a girl ever forces you into watching a chick flick, you'll find you could do much worse

Nah.If i watch a film with a ton of creatures with weapons and rotating blades everywhere i want to see a lot of blood.I don't want cutesy.
Warbeast is better.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:58 PM

Dante's Inferno. Never played the game but the movie really sucked.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:59 AM

The Mist, a film that started well but the poor direction and script had me hoping the film would end soon, in fact i felt the script was blindingly obvious and designed to push the viewers buttons, unfortunately Marcia was given a terrible cliched role and lines and everytime she started her religious claptrap it had me almost throwing up, not because it was religious but because it was just so obvious and poorly written, that film could have been good with a better script and a better director, Darabont should never direct another movie ever again.

Oh and since they didn't film it in black and white i see no reason to show it that way, black and white film stock and special lighting needed can make such films stand out, when you use a computer to transform it into black and white you gain nothing and you can achieve the same effect by just turning the color controls to zero on your television/projector.

Spielberg once said shooting in black and white is much harder than shooting in color, this is due to lighting the set and other factors which are more difficult than shooting in color, Darabont is a hack director, Spielberg is a master director, The Mist was a disappointing film, extremely disappointing.