'Stargate Universe - SGU: COMPLETE Season One' is coming October 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-19-2010, 01:57 PM

Default 'Stargate Universe - SGU: COMPLETE Season One' is coming October 5

Sigh... I guess season 1.0 and season 1.5 aren't selling well enough (DUH!).
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3925...mplete_s1.html
Old 08-19-2010, 02:12 PM

Well I watched the series so far and I do have to say I am NOT impressed. It is boring, pedantic and the characters (with a VERY FEW exceptions) are either complete ass holes or whining little bitches (both men and women). I have no care or sympathy for any of them and couldn't care less if they live or die. Even Voyager, which I ultimately disliked, was far better.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:34 AM

I know what you mean. Even my father, one of the world's biggest stargate fans (I mean, he DID import the entire SG-1 series from china (with chinese menus no less) because it got released sooner than here!) has stopped following SG-U, I was shocked, the show must suck reeeeal bad for him to quit
Old 08-20-2010, 02:40 PM

Chances are this release is going to be nothing more than the two half season releases put in the same "complete' box that comes with 1.5, and probably at a discount.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
Chances are this release is going to be nothing more than the two half season releases put in the same "complete' box that comes with 1.5, and probably at a discount.
My magic eight ball says "all signs point to yes."
Old 08-21-2010, 11:52 AM

Are you friggin kidding me?? What was the point of releasing them in half sets then?
Old 08-21-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up The Ying Yang View Post
Well I watched the series so far and I do have to say I am NOT impressed. It is boring, pedantic and the characters (with a VERY FEW exceptions) are either complete ass holes or whining little bitches (both men and women). I have no care or sympathy for any of them and couldn't care less if they live or die. Even Voyager, which I ultimately disliked, was far better.
Yeah I feel the same way about the show. I watched the entire season,but it got to the point that I can't even remember any of the character's names. I just refer to them as: robert carlyle, the fat kid, the nerdy army guy, the girl with huge boobs, the blonde Dr., and the poor man's summer glau.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairlesswookiee View Post
and the poor man's summer glau.
LOL! Love that one!! You don't, by chance, listen to the Sci Fi Guys?
Old 08-22-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Are you friggin kidding me?? What was the point of releasing them in half sets then?
To make more money initially, and to get them out within a month or so of the episodes airing. I wasn't a fan of the price but it was quite awesome to be able to buy all the episodes on disc a month after the midseason/season finales. I hate the policy of studios withholding the previous season releases until about a week before the new season premieres. Yeah, I really want to spend a bunch of money only to be forced to blow through everything in a week's time to get caught up. That's SO worth it.

And I still maintain that as long as full seasons get a release, I don't mind the option of half seasons on blu. Caprica and Venture Brothers are releasing the first half of their seasons on dvd, but waiting for the full season to have aired before they release on blu, which means there's still going to be a wait of a year from now. Whee.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Here's and idea on how to sell lots of SG: tv episodes on Blu - Release Stargate SG1, DUHHHH. I would likely buy them day 1, while they're at it, for the pilot episode make it the re-edit they've come out with.