blu ray playback problems please help - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-31-2010, 02:13 PM

Default blu ray playback problems please help

Hope its ok to post this in here wasnt sure where to post this.im having problems playing blu rays on nmy pc i have a nvidia geforce 9800gt graphics card and an lg bh10 blu ray dvd player i have got cyberlink power dvd 8 but everytime i open a blu ray the power dvd player stops responding.I also have download trial of tmt 3 the blu rays work fine on this one but no sound and i have downloaded media player classic but it cannot render any of them.I have spoken to cyberlink and they have told me my graphics card is not rgb overlay compatible but i have spoken to a computer shop that sells my graphic card and they told me it should play blu rays fine i have also downloaded klite codec pack which hasnt helped if anyone can help would be very grateful

Last edited by HeartKiller; 07-31-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 08-01-2010, 01:58 PM

Is it the most recent version of Power DVD 8?

I think there are some versions that have trouble playing Blu-rays, or may not even play them at all.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycracksopen View Post
Is it the most recent version of Power DVD 8?

I think there are some versions that have trouble playing Blu-rays, or may not even play them at all.
I think it is but have also now downloaded trial version of power dvd 10 as well still same problem
Old 08-02-2010, 06:16 AM

A few things.

Make sure you update your video card drivers and dvd player firmware.
I don't know what operating system you have but it may need as much as 2 gb of ram in windows 7 or vista is being used.
If you're short on ram it might cause problems.
Don't run other programs while you're playing the blu rays as your computer might not be able to handle it.As well,try using the power dvd 10 using a bunch of blu rays and see what happens,not just 1.

Last edited by CaptainCanuck; 08-02-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:31 PM

I have windows xp 3.25 gig ram all drivers are upto date thought i had problem solved earlier today thinking that if i started power dvd 10 then inserted blu ray it started play but sadly it stop responding halfway through i am tempted to upgrade to window 7 not just cause of problems tho
Old 08-04-2010, 03:33 PM

Were you trying a Dolby soundtrack with Total Media Theater 3? If so, you should note that their demo software does not play sound because Dolby would not allow it in their demo version. Try playing a BD with a DTS sound track instead.