Michael Mann's The Last of the Mohicans (Director's Definitive Cut) pre-order up - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-21-2010, 03:38 PM

Default Michael Mann's The Last of the Mohicans (Director's Definitive Cut) pre-order up

Great to see one of my favourite films from Michael Mann now available to pre-order. Mann's take on the classic novel from James Fenimore Cooper has now become a classic in its own right. Great performances all round from Daniel Day Lewis, Wes Studi, Madeleine Stowe, Steven Waddington, and Maurice Roeves.
Mann's direction never lets up, and coupled with a superb score, makes this a superlative entertainment experience.

Should look and sound superb on

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Mohicans-...9737099&sr=8-1
Old 07-21-2010, 03:41 PM

Nice boxart but I'll wait till it goes down in price. Now just give me Ali and Insider and my Mann collection will be complete.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:41 PM

Am I right that this is an amazon exclusive?
Old 07-21-2010, 04:23 PM

So has Mann went back and re-edited the film again as i had the directors cut on DVD a few years back. ?

For fans they can probably pick up the Warner Bros theatrical cut when it gets released in the UK and Europe and the American release by 20th Century Fox of this ( definitive ) directors cut.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:40 PM

Day 1, baby!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:49 PM

Good flick. One of Mann's best next to Heat, Collateral, and Thief.

Besides Collateral's use of digital cinema camera technology, I wish Mann would go back to making films that had more of the look of his earlier work.

I mean, for Collateral and Miami Vice, the digital look worked well, but not so much for period set films like Public Enemies. Comparing the cinematography of The Last of the Mohicans to that of Public Enemies is like comparing a Ridley Scott picture to an episode of NYPD Blue in terms of cinematic atmosphere.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:18 AM

I wouldn't care if this was $30. Day 1 purchase for me. This is my favorite Mann film. Don't get me wrong, I love Heat and Collateral, but LOTM is a classic. Now if we could get a date for this release...
Old 07-22-2010, 12:38 AM

Me too, one of my favorites.. I am curious and a little nervous about this " new directors edtion" wonder whats been cut, added you know. Hope he didnt fuck it up..
Old 07-22-2010, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Rambo View Post
Me too, one of my favorites.. I am curious and a little nervous about this " new directors edtion" wonder whats been cut, added you know. Hope he didnt fuck it up..
There's been an extended director's cut on dvd for a while now. Could be that version.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
There's been an extended director's cut on dvd for a while now. Could be that version.
Yea, I know.. I have it on DVD.. But from what I been seeing this is another re-cut.. If its not then I'm cool with that. However it sounds like a new cut.. Guess I'll wait till we get more info.

I'm with you that this is a classic.. Lets see what happens bud..