'30 Days of Night: Dark Days' is coming October 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-07-2010, 01:34 PM

Default '30 Days of Night: Dark Days' is coming October 5

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3692/30days_night2.html
Old 07-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Former Member

boo to that title.

30 MORE days of night. let's just admit we're making a cheesy add-on to try to make a buck by riding the popularity and name of another title. dark days? sure, it was an alright album by stabbing westward, but c'mon.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Nearly a year has passed since the population of Barrow, Alaska was decimated by a vicious clan of vampires during its annual 30 days of night. Terrorized by nightmares and haunted by her husband’s murder, sole survivor Stella (Kiele Sanchez) has been trying desperately to expose the vampire threat to the world. When she’s unexpectedly recruited by three other vampire attack victims, Stella sets out to reap vengeance upon Lillith, the vampire queen responsible for the Alaskan bloodbath. Now, these vampire hunters must venture into L.A.’s dark and dangerous underbelly to try and stop the savage evil that is preparing to strike once again in this pulse-pounding thriller based on the second book in the popular graphic novel series created by Steve Niles.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:24 AM

So this is direct-to-video ? I really loved the first 30 Days of Night, but nearly all direct-to-videos turn out to be crap. Honestly, the cast does look quite promising, with Harold Perrineau (Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalt) and three somewhat good actresses, but it does seem that they changed the actress that played Stella.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
boo to that title.

30 MORE days of night. let's just admit we're making a cheesy add-on to try to make a buck by riding the popularity and name of another title. dark days? sure, it was an alright album by stabbing westward, but c'mon.
Not sure if you were being facetious or just not aware, Nate, but "Dark Days" was the name of the comic book follow-up to "30 Days of Night."

There was a sequel. Actually, 8 more comic book mini-series. Doubt they'll do that many movies, however.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Former Member

a little bit of both.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
Nearly a year has passed since the population of Barrow, Alaska was decimated by a vicious clan of vampires during its annual 30 days of night. Terrorized by nightmares and haunted by her husband’s murder, sole survivor Stella (Kiele Sanchez) has been trying desperately to expose the vampire threat to the world. When she’s unexpectedly recruited by three other vampire attack victims, Stella sets out to reap vengeance upon Lillith, the vampire queen responsible for the Alaskan bloodbath. Now, these vampire hunters must venture into L.A.’s dark and dangerous underbelly to try and stop the savage evil that is preparing to strike once again in this pulse-pounding thriller based on the second book in the popular graphic novel series created by Steve Niles.
I love Kiele Sanchez. She was in A Perfect Getaway.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:21 AM

This could be good.

I really liked the first movie and the sequel has some talent (like Kiele), although part of what I thought made the original so good was the cinematography and direction of David Slade.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Banned

Worth a rental.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:33 PM

I really didn't care for the 1st one all that much. But with the quality of some of the DTV movies I have seen in the past year, it could end up good. I will wait for reviews and then decide if it's a blind buy.