'Ouran High School Host Club' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-07-2010, 01:18 PM

Default 'Ouran High School Host Club' - High-Def Digest Review

Nate has reviewed 'Ouran High School Host Club.' He says this is one of the biggest surprises he's stumbled across in a while! This Blu-ray has a great transfer from FUNimation, as well as good audio, and plenty of extras. Highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3588...ighschool.html
Old 07-07-2010, 09:43 PM

What was with that One Piece jab?
Old 07-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Former Member

just a personal opinion on a show. the title really opens itself up for it. not everything is for everyone, and part of reviewing is having opinions. and my opinion, based off what one piece that i've seen, is that it's exactly as described in the revvy here.

doesn't mean no one can like/love it. just means i don't. but i'm the guy who likes Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus, and Snakes on a Plane. that's proof enough i'm not perfect.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:13 AM

This was the upscale where Funi turned the corner and stopped all the filtering.

The recent Guyver BD also was the first upscaled BD to be very clearly labeled, which should be on all their future upscales.

Seemingly they've listened to all the complaints in the last year about their Blu-rays and fixed the problems.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the review, Nate. I'm glad some anime is making it onto the site. You just prompted me to buy this, we'll see how much our taste lines up
Old 07-08-2010, 09:39 PM

Funny, becuase I just picked this up from Best Buy (and a few others) for $26 for my g/f.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Former Member

yeah, right now is a perfect time for this review to be published, considering the sales. great, GREAT prices on it at Amazon and Best Buy (if your local BB has it in stock. mine NEVER has).

godofchaos, i didn't know guyver was actually labelled that way. i have yet to see a retail version of the packaging. crazy. but yes, FUNimation has listened to complaints, and put out some quality product, especially of late. their august and september waves look crazy, tons and tons of anime are a comin'!
Old 08-13-2010, 02:33 AM

4 out of 5 stars in the visual quality department to an upscale? Looks like you guys are really trying to top that legendary review of Scary Movie. How much did Funi pay you guys for this crap?
Old 08-13-2010, 03:31 AM
Former Member

due to the extreme accusation, insinuation, and flat out rudeness of the above post, i'm not going to respond in a PC manner. i really don't like my ethics being called into question, just due to someone disagreeing with a score. such childish and immature stances, that are full of wild misplaced anger and lack of logic or real homework on the matter (such as this site, which indicates each pro review on this disc scores the video favorably, and also shows my history, on other pages, of being a tough critic, regardless of what studio releases a disc), add nothing constructive to a conversation.

i'd like to point out two things, just for shits and giggles, since it seems Xizer wants to fling shit in the forums. one, i don't get paid by FUNimation. i have been covering their releases since i've been on board at this site, with sometimes favorable, sometimes detracting discussion of the qualities of a release. they never have, and never will, be paying me, or this site, to review their discs, and not once have they EVER, EVER approached me or the site in such a manner. we don't ask everyone agree with our stances, but we do ask for a slight bit of civility, which was not shown in your "comment." two, i don't get paid by Zizer, so i really don't have to run my reviews by him before they get published, to get his approval on my words or scoring. while i appreciate each and every reader who comments on my work, be it complimentary or constructively critical, i do not appreciate those who make such wild accusations, just because their speckled undergarments got a knot in them. please do remember that the WORDS in a review mean more than the score, and instead of FREEEAAAKKIINNNGG OUT about them, one should read, so as to why said conclusion was come to.

Ouran High School Host Club is a fine looking set, one that may set the bar for Upconverts.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:00 AM

So, over a year has passed, and this set's already out of print. The prices are pretty damn high into the hundreds, so there's no way I can buy this set at a reasonable price...

Man, today was a bad day to get into the series via Youtube...