'Elf: Ultimate Collector's Edition' is coming October 26 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-03-2010, 01:00 PM

Default 'Elf: Ultimate Collector's Edition' is coming October 26

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3674/elf_ultimate.html
Old 07-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Former Member

Darthvader.screaming.NOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg

watched this for the first time 3 or so months ago, and i HATED it.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Darthvader.screaming.NOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg

watched this for the first time 3 or so months ago, and i HATED it.
That's too bad.

I think this movie is hilarious. My family and I watch this and A Christmas Story every Christmas now. Not sure if I will really need to upgrade this one, but maybe depending on co$t.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:56 AM

I'm indifferent towards this one (I do like Zooey though), but the wife really enjoys it so depending on the price I may pick it up as an upgrade from the dvd.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:15 AM

I still haven't seen this movie, but everybody keeps telling me its good. The same goes for that "Bad Santa" movie. For some reason, I just can't get behind buying a Christmas themed Blu-Ray movie unless its called "Its a Wonderful Life" or "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"
Old 07-04-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
I still haven't seen this movie, but everybody keeps telling me its good. The same goes for that "Bad Santa" movie. For some reason, I just can't get behind buying a Christmas themed Blu-Ray movie unless its called "Its a Wonderful Life" or "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"
Bad Santa is worth every penny!

Billy Bob has never been funnier or cruder. It's all sorts of awesome.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
Bad Santa is worth every penny!

Billy Bob has never been funnier or cruder. It's all sorts of awesome.
Ya know, I've never heard even one bad thing about "Bad Santa." I'm starting to think that I really need to track down a copy for $10 or less.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltobeyou View Post
Ya know, I've never heard even one bad thing about "Bad Santa." I'm starting to think that I really need to track down a copy for $10 or less.
You know, the only bad thing about "Bad Santa" was the director's extended version (horribly remixed soundtrack). The "Badder Santa" version (on the same disc) is a reportedly bland & noisy VC-1 encode, but is the better version IMO. I dislike that "director's cut" immensely. The original film was just fine, too bad it is not included!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:46 AM

Elf was funny. There were some scenes that I disliked, but the blond is very cute in it and Farrell is really hilarious. This was a sleeper movie when it came out. The snowball fight had be cracking up LOL
Old 07-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Well of course there's a new ultimate edition/double dip coming out, I just paid for dvd2blu on this title. Even ignoring the extras I suspect it would get a picture upgrade... BD25 vs BD50.
I'd list all the other titles that will get double-dipped as well but you could save me the effort and visit dvd2blu yourself. Everyone remember the early dvd days when Warner made a few flipper discs or dual layer but not RSDL so the layer change was painful? Pretty much every title got double dipped.