'Premonition' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-27-2007, 02:55 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Premonition' - High-Def Digest review

Peter's review of 'Premonition' is up. While he was ultimately disappointed with the film itself, he says this Blu-ray release is fairly solid, boasting a nice video transfer and a particularly impressive supplements package.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/premonition.html

Last edited by jed; 07-12-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:00 PM

I really wanted this to be a good film. The previews are always the best parts.

Quote:
this one's plays out something like a Lifetime movie-of-the-week crossed with 'The Sixth Sense' meets 'Miss Congeniality.'
Ouch!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:50 PM

I dont care what peter says hes a horrible reviewer wen it comes to movie quality. I never got to see this in theaters but I will be picking it up due to good PQ. I will grab the SD DVD so it can be watched by everyone in the hosehold and not just in my room.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoogeFan1118 View Post
I dont care what peter says hes a horrible reviewer wen it comes to movie quality. I never got to see this in theaters but I will be picking it up due to good PQ. I will grab the SD DVD so it can be watched by everyone in the hosehold and not just in my room.
This film received horrible reviews from most everyone, not just Peter.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:51 PM

yeah i know it got horrib;e reviews from everyone not just peter but I was saying that I dont trust peter for movie reviews in general. I am going to pick up the blu ray and Standard DVD anyway since it is supposed to be a solid transfer. I like Sandra bullock any way.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:03 PM

I really dont think much of Bullock as an actress. I mean Speed, Demolition Man I liked because of the story....not her acting. I know I will get some flack for this but...I dont even think she is that pretty. I dont think she is ugly....she does nothing for me compared to some other up and comers(Scarlett Johansen, Jessica Alba, Penelope Cruz, Rachel Weiz, Kate Winslet). Anyway, I heard the movie was not that great so I will probably pass on this one. Speed was the last movie I liked with her in it. Ever since...not intersted.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:24 PM

I watched this the other day. The PQ is good as it should be since its a new release, but nothing really amazing as there were no great visual effects or anything. However the movie was pretty bad, I watched it with my ex and we both thought it was kind of dumb. Can't comment on the sound though since I don't have surround.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:06 PM

I got this one pre-order from Amazon, I like the idea of the movie - can't be too bad with Bullock in the movie, I like her in movies.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:36 AM

I am glad I don't usually read reviews. I thought this movie was very suspenseful. The pq was good and I would add that this is one of the few movies that you and your wife/girlfriend can enjoy together (I doubt that a female will ever read this)-not your "ex" however patsfan123.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:53 PM

This film has one of the worst continuity errors I have ever seen in a film, and as it becomes apparent about 30 minutes into the film, I spent the rest of the movie waiting for the story to somehow justify this huge error (of course that never happened). Anyone else notice that on Tuesday the oldest daughter nearly decapitated herself, but when the film starts on Thursday her face is flawless? I even went into the director and Sandra Bullock audio commentary, but they didn't mention an inconsistency, which for me ruined the film. It's like they just ignored the obvious mistake because it throws a giant hole in the story. Anyone else notice and have a problem with this?