'The Private Eyes' is coming September 28 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-23-2010, 04:03 PM

Default 'The Private Eyes' is coming September 28

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3626...ivateeyes.html
Old 06-24-2010, 12:52 AM

Man this BD is one strange customer! I remember finding this one and only DVD release back in 2000 and by a company called Hen's Tooth to boot. I don't believe it has ever been released again by any other company nor re-release by Hen's Tooth.....as they didn't do too good of a job on the first one....full frame and pretty ragged. I saw this movie when it first came to the theater so I think it's a widescreen possibility.

So here we are with so many films to be released on BD, so many catalog titles from major studios, so many classic epic world renowned gems to be brought to this new media and along comes this title. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great. I just hope whoever is authoring it does it justice. Some of these type movies took years to get release on DVD.

It took until 2007 to finally get Robinson Crusoe on Mars to DVD and Man in the Wilderness not until 2008, almost 11 years from DVD's inception. Here we have films like Children of the Corn, New York Ripper, Dreamscape, Hardware, Hellride, Flatliners, Norbit, and GI Jane all enjoying a BD version. Now some of these are great, some are OK and some a just plain horrible. It’s the order at which I’m a little dumbfounded by. If these titles can get out in the first two or three years….where are The Bridge on the River Kwai, Ben Hur, L of A, Annie Hall, Sound of Music, Citizen Kane, On the Waterfront and Apocalypse Now….stuff like that??

Oh well let’s just hope for a magical release of this Don Knotts and Tim Conway classic at their best .
Old 06-24-2010, 08:03 PM

The Wookalar!

What's next, Saturday The 14th?
Old 10-06-2010, 10:35 AM

Did anybody pick this up?
I want it but dont want a crappy transfer. This is one of my favorite 80's movies.