'Condemned' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-27-2007, 02:43 AM
PeterB

Default 'Condemned' -- pre-release buzz

Lionsgate has announced another one for September 18:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/condemned.html

To be honest, I've never heard of 'The Condemned' before, though it appears to be another testosterone-fueled action flick a la 'The Marine.'

No specs yet...
Old 06-27-2007, 01:35 PM

Cool

This looks cool ! http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_...econdemned/hd/

Anyone seen ''Battle Royal'' the Japanese movie, were they are stranded on an Island, and they are all part of a game and the only option is to kill anyone in the game... The winner is the one who didn't get killed obvious lol

This looks like a hollywood remake a little cheese but its okay

And Vinnie Jones is just ASS-COOL !
Old 06-27-2007, 01:46 PM

This is suppose to be ultra-violent.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:52 PM

Oh my god the format was is over!!

I did see the "world premiere" (hyuk hyuk) of this in Detroit since they were in town to promote Wrestlemania and a co-worker got tickets. Not a terrible film, but at least see it with a group.

The flick didn't make a dime at the theaters, but the previous two films from WWE have done fairly respectable business on video.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:43 PM
formerly "SpazMedicine"

This movie was all kinds of awful. The premise was decent enough for a real fun, kick-ass sort of "guy movie," but it totally did not deliver. I mean, you don't expect much in terms of acting and plot in these kinds of movies, but the action is supposed to make up for that. But instead, every time they rumble, so does the camera... times ten, to the point that you see next to nothing, but end the scene with a headache.

I could also go on about awful characterizations and such (not even from "the condemned," but the other people in the movie), but nobody's really gonna care. Nor should they, I suppose.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:04 AM

I heard this was TERRIBLE. I will wait and see for the review but I dont think I will bother with this one. Might see it if someone loans it to me.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:04 AM

lol I have to be honest I was skeptical after seeing The Marine but I loved this movie. this is what I wanted from The Marine. This movie brings me back to the days of Under siege, Passenger 57 etc. I saw the dvd screener of this and will most definitely be purchasing this on blu ray. I am not saying this is some academy award winner but this movie was entertainment at its best. I got a real kick out of Vinnie Jones and steve austin in this film.

Very fun film for action buffs. Like I said this is what I expected from The Marine and was severely disappointed to the point I really didnt care to see condemned. however, a friend got his hands on a dvd screener and we viewed it. Absolute pure adrenaline fun.

Cannot wait for the blu ray to view this again
Old 08-05-2007, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
This looks cool ! http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_...econdemned/hd/

Anyone seen ''Battle Royal'' the Japanese movie, were they are stranded on an Island, and they are all part of a game and the only option is to kill anyone in the game... The winner is the one who didn't get killed obvious lol

This looks like a hollywood remake a little cheese but its okay

And Vinnie Jones is just ASS-COOL !

Battle Royale and Battle Royale 2 were both excellent.