Replacement for Vengeance Trilogy Oldboy disc - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-16-2010, 09:43 AM

Default Replacement for Vengeance Trilogy Oldboy disc

I ended up posting this in the bargains forum because it was the only thread I found on the subject, but I figured it was noteworthy enough to post here again. Sorry for the double-post.

For those of you like me who bought the Vengeance Trilogy and got the Oldboy with Dolby Digital audio, it appears Tartan is going to make it right. Although, exactly when is unclear. This is the text from an e-mail I got from them this morning...

Quote:
Hi -----,

There will be an exchange program, people will mail in their discs and we will exchange it with an Oldboy Blu-ray configured with the lossless DTS track.

Let me stress one thing though - I do not have a time frame for this, and I have found to my disappointment that I have no control over when it will happen. I do know that it has already been reauthored but I have to wait until I have discs in hand and I do not know when that will be. I will contact back everyone who has sent an email and will also post in forums online when it is ready. If you don't see anything from me before that, it is not ready.

Sorry to be so short but my inbox is getting so inundated with emails about this I can't be a personal as I'd prefer to be (and was in the past), but rest assured, there is no one on the planet more irritated about this whole thing than I am lol.

Best,

Rick Stelow
Director of Marketing, Palisades Tartan

If I hear anything more, I'll post it here.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 AM

Thanks I will keep an eye on this.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Appreciate the info man.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:41 PM

A Director of Marketing says lol. What is the world coming to?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:02 AM

Any updates?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:25 PM

Since it's been about six months, I followed up with Rick from Tartan and asked if there was any more news on this. I got a response today.

Quote:
Not really, I've been taken out of the loop on this to an extent. I have been told we will not be remanufacturing this disc with a DTS-MA soundtrack until the current stock is depleted, and I am not sure of a time frame on that. I also know that it was suggested that we replace it with the old Oldboy disc which does have the DTS track.

Best thing to do is send a message to [email protected]
I wrote to that address, but I'm not very hopeful about an answer. At least not one that's going to make me happy.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:47 PM

I've held off on the purchase because of this.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:03 PM

Well, hot dog.....I just got this email.

Hi -------,

Thank you for your patience.

When we compiled this unique and first-of-its-kind collection, we were told that all of the bonus features we envisioned for Oldboy would be able to fit on the single Blu-Ray disc. As you now know, that estimation was incorrect. Furthermore, our technical advisors suggested that we keep the additional hours of bonus features in lieu of the 7.1 HD sound. Unfortunately, the packaging could not be updated for some of the sets that were purchased due to the lead time involved.

While we are working to address this issue on a future release, we would like to send you the original Blu-Ray of Oldboy not to replace your other version but in addition. If this is ok with you, please send us your mailing address and we will send you the additional disc.

-----, we sincerely appreciate your passion for our films.

Best Wishes,

Palisades Tartan

------------------------------------------

There's people out there more qualified than I am to comment on the technical "limitations" of the disc. I personally would've been for dropping a supplement or two if it meant including the lossless audio. I'll e-mail them my address and see if I get a disc. If you have this set and have the "faulty" disc, try e-mailing Tartan. At worst, you get a free Oldboy disc.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:05 PM

I wish they would just put the documentary on its own DVD. It's not even in HD, right? Ugh, they over complicate things.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.