Sapphire Series owners, I need your help! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-12-2010, 12:41 AM

Default Sapphire Series owners, I need your help!

I have a nice collection of BD and can be a perfectionist at times with my movies. I have two questions...

1) Saving Private Ryan. I just bought it today with the yellow sticker on the back. I also puchased Gladiator and Braveheart with it. On the top of the spine, both Braveheart and Gladiator have a Paramount logo. Ryan does not. Is this an anomaly or is this normal?

2) The Forrest Gump Chocolate Box BD set. Is that the same exact release as the Sapphire Series? Does it come with the SS Case inside?

Thank you for your help!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:59 AM

i can only answer for 1 by saying that both copies that you own are the same as the two i own (in Braveheart and SPR). i don't know why they did it like that, but ah well.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:29 AM
HDD Contributor

I believe SPR was a Dreamworks film and Paramount only distributed it.

Why I have memory space wasted on that is beyond me, but at least I am around like-minded folk
Old 06-12-2010, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bicho View Post

Why I have memory space wasted on that is beyond me, but at least I am around like-minded folk
SPR was Dreamworks SKG. Gladiator is also Dreamworks SKG.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:19 AM

Why the hell did you buy Gladiator? There's a re-release coming out this year with an improved transfer.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bicho View Post

You got it, 'Dreamworks'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque... View Post
Why the hell did you buy Gladiator? There's a re-release coming out this year with an improved transfer.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
SPR was Dreamworks SKG. Gladiator is also Dreamworks SKG.
But... And that's a small 'But'.

Last edited by Iggytx; 06-12-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: No Reason To Be Three Separate Posts
Old 06-12-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque... View Post
I had no idea there was. I've only opened SPR and could return the other two if needed. Do you have any solid info about this? I bought the three movies as a impromptu "set" yesterday.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
I had no idea there was. I've only opened SPR and could return the other two if needed. Do you have any solid info about this? I bought the three movies as a impromptu "set" yesterday.
yeah Romeo, a re-release by Universal of Gladiator is confirmed for this fall (i think. no, it is 100% confirmed about the re-release, but i think it's release date is September. i don't feel like looking it up now).

and read the reviews of the current SS Gladiator. the PQ is solid at best. don't open it..return the sucker ASAP.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:49 PM

I read the reviews and was fine with it. But now knowing of a re-release and most likely a big FU to current owners from Paramount, I returned it today.

Thank you to everyone who helped!
Old 06-12-2010, 03:56 PM

Forrest Gump CE doesn't not come with the original standard sized case with it. It is not worth buying over the original edition at all, and it doesn't even come with the $10 MIR.