Boondock saints, snatch, lock stock - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-25-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Boondock saints, snatch, lock stock

Does anyone know if any of these movies will ever be released on blu-ray. In my opinion they are some of the best movies I've seen in years passed and I think deserve a hi-def disc. Any information would be helpful thanks.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-dock saint View Post
Does anyone know if any of these movies will ever be released on blu-ray. In my opinion they are some of the best movies I've seen in years passed and I think deserve a hi-def disc. Any information would be helpful thanks.
I think Snatch is controlled by Sony so that's a cert to be released fairly soon

Lock Stock was owned by Polygram but I'm sure the rights have passed to Universal, who recently re-issued it in the UK, so no chance of BD in the near future there. Incidentally, there's a cinema cut and a directors cut of this movie and they look completely different - the cinema cut is shorter and had a yellow brown colour scheme. It was also stot on Super 16 so won't look too great in hidef.

No idea about Boondock Saints.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Banana View Post
I think Snatch is controlled by Sony so that's a cert to be released fairly soon

Lock Stock was owned by Polygram but I'm sure the rights have passed to Universal, who recently re-issued it in the UK, so no chance of BD in the near future there. Incidentally, there's a cinema cut and a directors cut of this movie and they look completely different - the cinema cut is shorter and had a yellow brown colour scheme. It was also stot on Super 16 so won't look too great in hidef.

No idea about Boondock Saints.
Thanks for the info, that sucks bout lock stock, but I really really hope snatch comes out soon.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:47 AM

I would rebuy all three of those on blu-ray.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:24 AM

Boondock Saints is 20th Century Fox, so that'd be Blu-ray.

I can't find the actual distribution rights to Lock Stock right now, for some reason.

And Snatch like mentioned is Sony. It's on HD Net Movies in July, so hopefully it'll be announced for BD soon.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 AM

their all available on VHS though
Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 PM

*They're all available on VHS....
Old 06-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Banned

Snatch did make it to Super-bit, so I imagine they would do a high-def release as well.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:52 PM

Haha, so here I am looking for Lock Stock in HD 18 months later. Re the above, funny how a lot of titles on Superbit still haven't made to to Blu Ray. Where's my Desperado? More importantly, where's my Lock Stock?
Old 12-23-2008, 05:34 PM

They'll all make it eventually. I'm still a bit puzzled why people use the word "ever" when asking about a title.

Example: "Will X title EVER come out on blu-ray?" - as if it doesn't come out in the next 6 months, it'll NEVER be released and is doomed to the world of standard def forever. A little patience people, things will be released in time... Do you honestly think that popular movies will never be released on blu-ray?