'Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season Two' - October 26 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-27-2010, 10:55 PM

Default 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season Two' - October 26

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3522...newars_s2.html
Old 05-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Former Member

Day. ONE. period. season 1 ended on a high note, and the bounty hunter theme this time around intrigues me very much. it's amazing how much love the 6 got in the OT, considering 4 of them were only in 1 short scene, 1 was again visible in another short scene, i believe (Dengar possibly was one of the denizens in Jabba's lair in ROTJ), and only 1 got real face time, in 2 films (ANH does NOT count. damn revision).

drooly, big time
Old 05-27-2010, 11:56 PM

Wonder why they're waiting so long. I love these things. The ep where r2d2 kicks the criminal gang's ass is awesome.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:43 AM

Man, at first I thought this topic read that the movies were finally coming out.

This is an easy pass for me. I gave up on the series at episode 14 of Season 1, tried watching an episode of Season 2 and it seems as nothing has changed. Everything is still focused on the Jedi, and the Jedi is still winning.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:46 AM

I enjoyed this season as much as season 1, so this will be a definate pre order for me as soon as amazon lists it. glad to see they are continueing the digi book release on this
Old 05-28-2010, 01:29 PM

Still no lossless track? Imagine that!Warner Brothers......I wish some new people would run their home video department that care about quality in their products they are releasing!
Old 05-28-2010, 01:48 PM

I will be picking this up I did enjoy season one but have not purchased it yet( i plan on it very soon) I am liking the cover for this one and I am glad it it still in digibook form like the first season.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:18 PM

aahhh, hell. Star Wars: CLONE wars? Where's STAR WARS, ya bastards*?

*"bastards" not directed at anyone here. ...unless you're the slow ass in charge of gettin' some Star Wars blu-rays to us, ya bastard.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartan View Post
Still no lossless track? Imagine that!Warner Brothers......I wish some new people would run their home video department that care about quality in their products they are releasing!
Amen to that, brother. I've liked a lot of their releases, but right now they're the ones who are ticking me off the most with certain titles... to the point that there are movies coming up soon that I've been eagerly awaiting, and absolutely would have bought, but now absolutely won't.

Well, I wasn't gonna mention any particulars, just because I'm not trying to stir this argument up again, (I swear I'm not!)... but just on the chance that somebody with some pull at WB might read this, I will explain briefly, and then I'll drop it: Double Feature Discs. Movies arbitrarily lumped together due to the most negligible shared detail: "The Last Man Standing/The Last Boy Scout"?? Come on! I bought one double feature disc out of desperation to get a certain movie. I regret it. I'll never buy another. And just about every double feature I've heard about, has at least A movie I want. So yeah, I wish WB understood that we'd rather have quality than quantity.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdZro View Post
Amen to that, brother. I've liked a lot of their releases, but right now they're the ones who are ticking me off the most with certain titles... to the point that there are movies coming up soon that I've been eagerly awaiting, and absolutely would have bought, but now absolutely won't.

Well, I wasn't gonna mention any particulars, just because I'm not trying to stir this argument up again, (I swear I'm not!)... but just on the chance that somebody with some pull at WB might read this, I will explain briefly, and then I'll drop it: Double Feature Discs. Movies arbitrarily lumped together due to the most negligible shared detail: "The Last Man Standing/The Last Boy Scout"?? Come on! I bought one double feature disc out of desperation to get a certain movie. I regret it. I'll never buy another. And just about every double feature I've heard about, has at least A movie I want. So yeah, I wish WB understood that we'd rather have quality than quantity.
It's because Warner Brothers loves being the laughing stock embarrassment out of all the studios. That really is the only explanation. They could easily be the BEST if they truly wanted to, because they have the ability to put out quality stuff (digibooks, Maximum Movie Mode, etc.). Yet with review after review after review bashing them for the lack of lossless tracks, they still continue to drop the ball. I mean, it took them years to finally put the lossless tracks as the DEFAULT on most of their Blu-ray releases even though reviewers kept bitching with every release. For a studio to be that disconnected with their consumers is ridiculous.