'A Christmas Carol' (Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D) is coming November 16 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-22-2010, 01:23 PM

Default 'A Christmas Carol' (Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D) is coming November 16

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3490...09_single.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3491...ol_2009_4.html
Old 05-22-2010, 01:36 PM

Cover Art for both 3D blu-ray & 2D blu-ray (from HDRoom) :

Old 05-22-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBougre View Post
Cover Art for both 3D blu-ray & 2D blu-ray (from HDRoom) :

I was actually hoping they would not release such a ridiculous package!! A 4 disc release....2 of which I dont need!! I wish their blu release was just 2D and 3D. I can give the dvd to my daughter I suppose. Digital copies make great coasters,lol.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:50 PM

Well, I thought Blu-ray 3D was supposed to be backwards compatible (meaning they would still play on regular Blu-ray players, just not in 3D). So why is Disney including both? Is there something that we don't know about, or is Disney just giving us everything and the kitchen sink?
Old 05-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy View Post
Well, I thought Blu-ray 3D was supposed to be backwards compatible (meaning they would still play on regular Blu-ray players, just not in 3D). So why is Disney including both? Is there something that we don't know about, or is Disney just giving us everything and the kitchen sink?
THIS. it makes no sense, based off everything we've been told in the past.

there's a few other things, such as exclusive features on the 3d version. shit takes up space on a disc. so where does it go? either there's less room for the a/v, or they cut out some other feature, or the 2d version has a ton of space left over.

this is a great way to get a 3d bd to the public, but 4 discs? overkill. do dvd/digi copies like WB. 3 can fit in a normal sized spine (though disney does not care about normal sized spines on 3 disc releases, as they have shown in the past).
Old 05-22-2010, 09:20 PM

it's just about making a buck plain and simple.
easiest excuse EVER to charge a $50 msrp.
just fucking ridiculous.
I can already tell the studios will all soon be focusing their efforts on the 3D gravy train instead of giving us quality blu-rays of older classics.
Isn't it becoming more than obvious?
now that they realize they can't just slap their crappy ass dvd masters on a blu-ray without it looking like total crap they have to find something "new" to focus all their millions on.
this whole thing is really beginning to piss me off big-time.
I just can't believe people are actually going to buy 3D televisions.
I mean I can handle the "theater" revolution.
but at home--it's just ridiculous.
I know I won't be joining the 3D rip-off train "revolution"
no thanks.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Banned

$50 MSRP for the Combo pack Disney has been showing down consumers throats for over a year now. Just wonderful. Way to screw up any momentum you had by trying to bridge the gap of DVD owners into Blu-ray owners. Wow.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Former Member

people are not adapting the way they should, which is why disney, when they delay a dvd release but not a blu, have to still package it in a dvd case. ahem snow white, ahem toy story 1 & 2.

considering that, i'd say they don't have too much momentum.

no one bought hd dvd/dvd combo discs when they didn't have an hd dvd player. i doubt anyone bought out of africa, jackal, traffic, or the bourne universal blu/dvd combos if they don't have a blu-ray player. "futureproofing" is an excuse to mark up msrp. that's it. this is just the next step in it.

am i incorrect in saying i heard 3dbd's would MSRP at 50, anyways, long before this announcement?
Old 05-22-2010, 10:21 PM

I honestly hope 3D bd is a total abject failure.
I just have absolutely 0 interest in it for a number of reasons.
and there's no way in hell I would ever replace my Kuro anyway.
keep 3D in the theater imo.
definitely will lower my interest in blu-ray in a major way if the studios put all their efforts into 3D to the detriment of 2D titles.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Former Member

oh same here. if 2d bd's take a hit in quality and focus/drive due to 3d, i'll be beyond furious.

anyways, let's get this one back on topic, Christmas Carol, instead of our concerns about the format/format variation.

didn't see it. kinda curious, as i try to watch anything Carrey does.