'Sky High' -- High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-14-2006, 05:41 AM
PeterB

Thumbs up 'Sky High' -- High-Def Digest review

I admit, I kinda avoided reviewing this one for a while:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/skyhigh.html

I barely heard of the movie, and just thought it was going to be some dumb kid thing. But I really enjoyed it -- a total sleeper. Good transfer and soundtrack, too. Thumbs up!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Just by looking at the cover it seems that this one is for kids - would adults enjoy this one too?
Old 12-14-2006, 10:15 AM

It's a very fun movie! It's got a great cast -- including Bruce Campbell, Lynda Carter, Cloris Leachman, Dave Foley, and Kevin McDonald. I'm 35 and my girlfriend is 29, and it's definitely worth watching. The greatest movie ever? Hardly, but it's so fun and good natured it's hard to dislike.

Also, the reviewer remarks that it was a surprise box office bust ... but, it was budgeted at $35 million and made $86 million worldwide ($63 million in the U.S.). I'm kind of curious how that's a bust ... I mean, even if you add in $20 million for marketing, it's still rather profitable - especially after DVD sales, merchandising, etc.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:20 AM

I'm a longtime comic book fan so this movie appealed a lot as did the choice in the adult actors making appearances. A couple of Kids in the Hall, Bruce Campbell, Kurt Russell and Kelly Preston gave it something a bit more. The younger actors did a great job as well. The movie was just pure fun and had some nice twists to it, particularly the villain's origin.

This was even a movie I saw theatrically - with my 65 year old father who now owns a copy and my six year old daughter. All of us enjoyed it immensely. Glad to see it found another new fan.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:47 AM

im thinking of picking this up....
Old 10-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
im thinking of picking this up....
Founding member or not. isnt there a rule against bringing up hella old news? LIKE A YEAR OLD?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
Founding member or not. isnt there a rule against bringing up hella old news? LIKE A YEAR OLD?
calm down man, your always trying to attack people , lol

and this is not "old news" its a reviewed BD. so your saying if someone bought Sky High, they are not allowed to post their comments in this thread becuase the disk was reviewed "one year ago" ?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
the reason is, its part of Disneys B1G1 free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
calm down man, your always trying to attack people , lol

and this is not "old news" its a reviewed BD. so your saying if someone bought Sky High, they are not allowed to post their comments in this thread becuase the disk was reviewed "one year ago" ?
you havent happened to see this have you Mrkiller?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post

you havent happened to see this have you Mrkiller?
not that much ...

and posting on this thread is way better then starting a new one about it (what most people would do).

This actually should be added to the "rules".
Old 10-15-2007, 02:37 AM

It was a good family film and i'll likely rent it if it ever shows up around here.