Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    TomSelleck is offline Member

Spartacus no longer HD-DVD exclusive and now available on Blu-ray everywhere.
    Tom Selleck says join http://www.project-blu.com/ or he will stalk you.

The Skeleton Key updated...coming September 7th.

WaveyDavey is offline Member

Had an email from Amazon that Stardust is now available for order, no release date but it's go to be very soon

Quote Originally Posted by WaveyDavey View Post
    Had an email from Amazon that Stardust is now available for order, no release date but it's go to be very soon
    Yeah well Anchorman is also RUMORED for an August release so maybe Paramount is finally deciding to take care of those 2 loose ends from the format war which is good.

vinnie97 is offline Member

Amazon seems more confident about Stardust for the time being: http://www.amazon.com/Stardust-Blu-r...5517939&sr=8-2

keysersoze1 is offline Member

Hey Tom, you can add 2 more titles to your list, Unleashed and Mercury Rising. According to thehdroom.com, they'll be available in September.

A pair of former HD DVD exclusives will make their way to Blu-ray on September 14 when Universal Studios Home Entertainment releases Unleashed with Jet Li and Morgan Freeman, and Mercury Rising with Bruce Willis.

Both catalog films will be presented on Blu-ray in 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. Unleashed will include D-BOX Motion Code while supplemental materials for Mercury Rising are currently unknown (or absent altogether).
    "Thank you to God for making me an Atheist." - Ricky Gervais

Updated Mercury Rising and Unleashed.

Total Titles Removed In The First Half Of 2009 = 27
    Total Titles Removed In The First Half Of 2010 = 13 (including Darkman)

Pitiful!

GizmoDVD is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Pitiful!
    I'm really shocked, since Blu-ray has been taking off like a rocket going mainstream and all At this rate it'll be 2016 by the time Universal release all of their previous HD DVD titles...if they even do decide to release them all. Can't say I expect Cat People anytime soon, but gees, just release them and get them out already and enjoy some sales. I do find it funny that Universal has released more HD DVD ports in 2010 than Disney has for all Blu-ray titles.

^Another pitiful fact (re: Disney).

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Pitiful!
    Well can't forget that they also had...

10 new release Blu-ray's, 3 new catalog Blu-ray's, and a couple re-release type Blu-ray's.

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
    I'm really shocked, since Blu-ray has been taking off like a rocket going mainstream and all At this rate it'll be 2016 by the time Universal release all of their previous HD DVD titles...if they even do decide to release them all. Can't say I expect Cat People anytime soon, but gees, just release them and get them out already and enjoy some sales. I do find it funny that Universal has released more HD DVD ports in 2010 than Disney has for all Blu-ray titles.
    Lol...we have had this debate before. Blu-ray may be getting more and more mainstream but it doesn't change the fact that Universal bet on the wrong horse and took a financial hit for it. I find what you said kind of funny..."just get them out already and enjoy some sales"...lol. It isn't that simple...when they first started releasing catchup titles they saw awful sales which is why you saw them doing the bundle with DVD thing because they were selling like crap. It takes money to get these movies on store shelves and they aren't just going release every single catchup title just to appease a small group of people it makes no business sense. I can understand as a Blu-ray consumer the more, the sooner, the better but you can't be serious when you say you expect them to just put them all out there if you were in their shoes there is no way you would do that if you were interested in making money.

More updates...

1. Unleashed will include both the R-rated and the unrated cuts (unlike the 2006 release on the defunct HD DVD format).

2. Timecop will be released by WB as one of their double feature Blu-ray releases with Bloodsport on September 14th.

3. Caddyshack has been removed from the list it is no longer HD DVD exclusive and available on Blu-ray everywhere.

dommie is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSelleck View Post
    Well can't forget that they also had...

10 new release Blu-ray's, 3 new catalog Blu-ray's, and a couple re-release type Blu-ray's.

Lol...we have had this debate before. Blu-ray may be getting more and more mainstream but it doesn't change the fact that Universal bet on the wrong horse and took a financial hit for it. I find what you said kind of funny..."just get them out already and enjoy some sales"...lol. It isn't that simple...when they first started releasing catchup titles they saw awful sales which is why you saw them doing the bundle with DVD thing because they were selling like crap. It takes money to get these movies on store shelves and they aren't just going release every single catchup title just to appease a small group of people it makes no business sense. I can understand as a Blu-ray consumer the more, the sooner, the better but you can't be serious when you say you expect them to just put them all out there if you were in their shoes there is no way you would do that if you were interested in making money.
    Yeah, it's too bad that's the way it is. I am down to 4 titles, all Universal, that I have on HD DVD that I would like to see on Blu-ray. The way things are probably means that it could be sometime before we see titles like The Deer Hunter, The Game, The Bone Collector, and The Interpreter released on Blu-ray.

Vivendi Entertainment has announced Pulse for Blu-ray on September 7th and Feast for Blu-ray on September 14th.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast